Very few women are emotionally damaged by, or regret having abortions.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I'm suggesting that women have bodily autonomy.

The father is responsible for half of the fetus and should certainly have a say because it's his sperm. It's creating a lifelong commitment and responsibility so both parties should be in agreement. The whole idea of discussing things beforehand is great in an ideal situation but too many morons don't think ahead which is the main reason for abortion to begin with.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
NEW UNDERCOVER VIDEO SHOWS Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains medical director Dr. Savita Ginde discussing the importance of couching the harvesting of fetal tissue as 'research,' not 'business' — then casually poking around a petri dish of aborted remains as a colleague exclaims, 'Another boy!'

Just a headline above, you all can look up the gore and stuff, but just maybe Planned Parenthood is out the door real soon...

I understand the "tone" of those vids is pretty shocking to people, but if you were a fly on the wall anywhere that death is a part of the work, you'd understand that the attitude is part of coping with it.
These vids prove that PP is doing precisely what they are legally authorized to do, and the lying is entirely on the part of the Orwellian named Center for Medical Progress. They exist entirely for the shock value of the behind the scenes view of things most people don't ever see [or want to]. They exist to make people cringe, and is that an intelligent approach to discussion?
CMP is sponsored by Operation Rescue - the group responsible for bombing abortion clinics, killing Dr George Teller, and calling protesters who scream at clinic patients "sidewalk counselors". This is their latest tactic to "persuade people to change their minds" about abortion, because they aren't having much success with the 'counseling'.
And if they prevail, and PP "is out the door"? Do you think that will improve medical care for women?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
The father is responsible for half of the fetus and should certainly have a say because it's his sperm. It's creating a lifelong commitment and responsibility so both parties should be in agreement. The whole idea of discussing things beforehand is great in an ideal situation but too many morons don't think ahead which is the main reason for abortion to begin with.
I understand what you're saying. It's my opinion that the choice to carry is ultimately up to her, no matter what, because this event is taking place inside of her. She either has autonomy over her body, or she doesn't. I have autonomy over my body, and so should everyone else.

Reactions: cheri1122

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And therein lays the crux of the issue. The anti-choice crowd doesn't want the women to have that right.

No, it isn't about not giving the woman full rights over her body, it's about the baby not having it's rights taken away. It's about giving the baby equal rights.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, because they aren't hard to get at all. That's the kind of thing that happens when there aren't serious enough and certain enough consequences for unacceptable behavior and failure to value all human life at all times. And don't bother because you're wrong now just as before and just as you will be in the future.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I'm nit sure that's all that valid a conclusion base on the story. This took place in Dallas. There are 24 abortion clinics in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
I realize that. However, extreme actions are taken when facilities aren't available. This is an example of an extreme action.

Reactions: cheri1122

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm nit sure that's all that valid a conclusion base on the story. This took place in Dallas. There are 24 abortion clinics in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/07/02/map-texas-abortion-facilities/

According to this [from the Texas Tribune], the current total in Dallas is just one [and one maybe].
The requirement that doctors have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles put more than half the clinics out of business two years ago. Not only is the requirement entirely unnecessary, [any doctor can get any patient admitted at any hospital in an emergency], it was crafted specifically to be impossible to satisfy. Even those hospitals that aren't owned by [or affiliated with] religious organizations don't want the controversy - and the anti choice crowd guarantees there will be controversy. They even write letters to pertinent officials promising to make it public knowledge, in case there's any doubt.
So the 14 year old can "just get an abortion", huh? Not any more, especially in Texas. Being a minor, she would need the permission of a judge [a judicial bypass], and how many are even aware of it, much less capable of getting it, without adult help? And we can see just how much help she got from the adults in her family.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I realize that. However, extreme actions are taken when facilities aren't available. This is an example of an extreme action.

It's also an example of why teenagers are so afraid to let their parents/guardians know they're pregnant. Contrary to the opinions & beliefs of some, parents aren't always understanding. Or even rational. Some are more concerned with how it affects them, than the welfare of the pregnant teen.
When any moron can have kids, too many of them do.

Reactions: greasytshirt