July 2015 Where ya at? Where ya going?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like it was a game of beat the expediter, someone grabbed my load before I got here... Maybe

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Paulsboro, NJ at the TA. Over $250 in tolls in 3 days mostly running the PA turnpike from Philly to Pittsburgh and back. It's a little over $100 each way if you are light enough to get on as a class 5 in a semi.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Sitting in Lagrange Georgia at the pilot and I am so bored. Been #2 on the board since 3pm, hopefully Tri state will snag a weekender if not its DH back to Ky and restart the job search because tstate doesn't move squat

Disgruntled driver

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Murray, I hope so too. Company has been good to me so far but not sure if it is due to their "efforts" or my dumb luck? Sometimes it seems that they work at reactivity and not proactivity.

Many times this industry comes down to both efforts AND dumb luck.
I can TRY all day long and FAIL 100% of the day.
But sometimes things wiggle a little closer to where we want them.
I'm a believer that all we can do is try to position ourselves and be competitive. Outside of that, it's a matter of keeping our eyes and ears open and negotiating as best we can.

Not rocket science. More like being the dog with the biggest ears and eyes.
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1438312253.338580.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Murray, I hope so too. Company has been good to me so far but not sure if it is due to their "efforts" or my dumb luck? Sometimes it seems that they work at reactivity and not proactivity.
it feels like that at one time or another for most out here....just think what I am thinking when I get skunked on a Friday and I see on facebook Murray and Sally out partying....you have to let those types of distractions go...its part of this whacky business....

Reactions: ntimevan