GPS What kind of Truck GPS do you use?

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
What kind of Truck GPS do you use i use the Rand mcnally and i love it .
I had three different Rand McNally TND30's overheat and crashed the hard drive, complete waste of money on them.
Replaced them with Cobra 7600 Pro, and have not had any problems at all, it works great...if Rand McNally could keep their units from crashing and overheating, I would still be using them.

drizion

Expert Expediter
Driver
I had three different Rand McNally TND30's overheat and crashed the hard drive, complete waste of money on them.
Replaced them with Cobra 7600 Pro, and have not had any problems at all, it works great...if Rand McNally could keep their units from crashing and overheating, I would still be using them.

My TND 30 works just fine ..and it even took a smack on the pavement when a guy was trying to steal it .i love it

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've had Garmins for at least 10 years, and love them. I upgraded the first basic model when I found one that plays Audible audiobooks, but that was not a success, because the truck was too noisy to hear well, and no port for earbuds. Then I upgraded again to the current one [a 550, I believe, too lazy/comfy to go look, lol] which has lifetime traffic and map updates. I like it a lot, but you still need to use your own eyes - they're not foolproof, for sure.

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Have Garmin 650. No real problems yet. Will update next home time. Had a TomTom for van. Really like some of the features, wished my 650 shared them. Like being able to look for truck stops near destination without having to reload state, city, address every time you ask for other info..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You can't do a Where to? > Search Near > and select My Destination?

Twiggy

Rookie Expediter
I'm using a garmen which serves its purpose "BUT," it has certain cities that it seems to have a hard time with. Oddly enough Kansas City gets the garmen crossed up terribly and not surprising is New York City.

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
You can't do a Where to? > Search Near > and select My Destination?
Don't think it has that options. Whenever u leave the current map, to return to route, u have to click on
"Where to" then click on " recently found" then click on the route u were on.. It's a pain to do that while running. I will look for the options u ask