The Trump Card...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No, it belongs to the namby-pamby make-believe multicultural politically correct crowd who have done away with anything that might threaten the self-esteem of a 7-year-old.

I couldn't find the right words, that will work ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Taking Back Our Country" is "CODE" for Taking Blacks (Barack, Michelle, Sasha, Meleia, and Beau) out of the White House. It is a very simple message. Think about it. This whole movement to "Take our county back" is new.
Horse hockey. You're mindlessly and ignorantly throwing rocks from your glass house.
It's birth was two years ago when Barack Obama was sworn in as President.
It has been practically the motto of the Democratic Party ever since Reagan was president. But more recently...

John Kerry in 2004 said "It's time to take back our country"

Al Gore in 2004 endorsing Dean "We need to take back our country"

Hilary Clinton in 2008 as she conceded and endorsed Obama "We are not going to rest until we take back our country". On Aug. 26, 2008, at the Democratic National Convention she also noted in her speech, "My friends, it is time to take back the country we love."

In October, 2008, Al Franken, then a candidate for a U.S. Senate seat from Minnesota stated, "This is the year we take our country back!"

In declaring his run for the presidency, Howard Dean told a crowd in Burlington, Vermont, "You have the power to take our county back!" A little more than half a year later, when Dean was ousted from the Democratic primary, he said the same thing once again. Nine days later, he again said "I'll be doing everything that I can to make sure that John Kerry and John Edwards take this country back." Howard Dean even wrote two books incorporating the sentiment into their titles: "You Have the Power: How to Take Back Our Country and Restore Democracy in America" and "Winning Back America". Winning back from whom? He doesn't say, but I have a feeling he wasn't talking about Obama being in the White House.

Vice President Joe Biden, September 2014, in a Labor Day speech in Detroit, "Time to take back America."

"Looks like folks are ready to take back America, take it back. . . . It’s going to be because of you that we take our country back," spoken by Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, addressing the Democratic Take Back America 2007 conference.

Fidel Castro: "I am bringing communism to Cuba! It's 1959 and it's time for us to take our country back from rich American businessmen. Our powerful friends in the Soviet Union will help us. Listen to me, Cubans, and we will turn our country into a paradise."

You still wanna stick to that whole, "It's birth was two years ago when Barack Obama was sworn in as President," thing?

Reactions: westmicher

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Taking Back Our Country" is "CODE" for Taking Blacks (Barack, Michelle, Sasha, Meleia, and Beau) out of the White House. It is a very simple message. Think about it. This whole movement to "Take our county back" is new. It's birth was two years ago when Barack Obama was sworn in as President.
Not quite...
So we have the standard: saying you want to take the country back is racist, because…well…I'm not really sure why. Let's ask some liberals, shall we? After all, they were particularly fond of the phrase during the Bush administration.

In declaring his run for the presidency, Howard Dean told a crowd in Burlington, Vermont, "You have the power to take our county back!" A little more than half a year later, when Dean was ousted from the Democratic primary, he said the same thing once again. Nine days later, he again said "I'll be doing everything that I can to make sure that John Kerry and John Edwards take this country back."

In fact, Howard Dean was such a fan of the phrase, he even wrote two books incorporating it into their titles: "You Have the Power: How to Take Back Our Country and Restore Democracy in America" and "Winning Back America". From whom? He doesn't say. But clearly he's a racist.

As is Hillary Clinton. In a stunning show of racial bigotry, Clinton opened her 2008 run for president by declaring the she would "take our country back."

Chuck Schumer: also a racist. After the 2006 midterms, he stated: "We really care about taking our country back… So far, sooo good."

Prominent Democratic strategists James Carville and Paul Begala are also racists. They coauthored a book in the run-up to the last presidential election titled "Take It Back: A Battle Plan for Democratic Victory."

And how about the racist Katrina vanden Hevuel, editor of the far-left, near-bankrupt magazine The Nation. She's also a racist for penning a book titled "Taking Back America".

Liberal talk show host Thom Hartmann also cannot restrain his racist views. The title of his book, "We the People: A Call to Take Back America" is clearly rooted in bigotry.

-http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lachlan-markay/2010/10/14/taking-back-america-wasnt-racist-until-liberals-stopped-saying-it#sthash.pBQZTVwr.dpuf

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Is namby-pamby still politically correct? :D
It's certainly more politically correct than the definition of the term (without firm methods or policy; weak or indecisive: lacking in character, directness, or moral or emotional strength).

The term is actually the title of a poem written by English poet Henry Carey in the 1700s that was written to mock the crap out of English poet and politician Ambrose Philips.

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can someone tell me why the folks who are "taking America back" are called "Patriots?" Why am I not one? and who are we "taking our country back from" anyway? Are we the "us" or the them.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Can someone tell me why the folks who are "taking America back" are called "Patriots?"
Because liberals are not historically all that patriotic. They're more concerned with multiculturalism and feelings and nanny-state benefits than they are in the country at large.

Why am I not one?
Are you sure that's a limb you want to go out on?

and who are we "taking our country back from" anyway?
Asked and answered. Gotta pay attention. It's the namby-pamby make-believe multicultural politically correct crowd who have done away with anything that might threaten the self-esteem of a 7-year-old.

Are we the "us" or the them.
Considering you think "taking back out country" was invented two years ago as a form of racism, I'm gonna go with you is them.

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think citizens make up a country, you can't hate the people and love the country. That's not Patriotic

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can somebody explain what is meant by "multiculturalism" and the argument against it?

I honestly don’t understand the argument against. To me, it sounds like a nice way of saying, “I hate immigrants and anyone else that’s different from me! We are a nation founded on X race and Y religion!” I could be wrong (or right), but I don't know.

Does that mean that the United States is a failure because it is multicultural? Would it be better if it was made up of one race and one religion and banned immigration?

What about regional differences? Does the fact that people from the South are different from people from the Northeast “destroy” our nation?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Can somebody explain what is meant by "multiculturalism" and the argument against it?
Multiculturalism is by definition multiple cultures. It is the view that the various cultures in a society merit equal respect and scholarly interest. It is the existence or and/or the promotion of multiple cultural traditions within a single society. It means each ethnic group is it's own separate cultural entity, such as blacks, Jews, whites, Latinos, Asians, Middle Eastern, etc., and the distinction of the separate cultures is promoted as being most important, instead of a melding of people into a single culture (just plain Americans, instead of African-Americans, Asian-Americans, Mexican-Americans, or worse, etc.). The simple argument against is multiculturalism divides rather than unites.

I honestly don’t understand the argument against. To me, it sounds like a nice way of saying, “I hate immigrants and anyone else that’s different from me! We are a nation founded on X race and Y religion!” I could be wrong (or right), but I don't know.
Not at all. Our nations was founded by immigrants. Until recently these immigrants kept some of their old ways and adopted the new ways of those already living here, and other immigrants who did they same, and over time America evolved its own distinct culture, but regardless of whether you were Irish, Jewish, English, whatever, you were American. There are people who think immigrants from multiple cultures is the definition of multiculturalism. It's not, unless all of those cultures remain separate. If they meld together as in a melting pot where all the cultures are dissolved into each other, a new, stronger culture is formed.

In the 1970s and 1980s as primarily blacks and Latinos, but other ethnic groups as well, began exploring their own history, their own history and historical culture began to be promoted over an homogeneous American culture. For example, for blacks, even the ones born here, it literally became "I am African first, American second," hence en emphasis on separate and distinct cultures rather than the one large American culture.

Does that mean that the United States is a failure because it is multicultural?
Failure is subjective, but failure or not, it means America has no distinct American culture anymore.

Would it be better if it was made up of one race and one religion and banned immigration?
No.

What about regional differences? Does the fact that people from the South are different from people from the Northeast “destroy” our nation?
No.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I kinda wish the Founding Fathers of this country would rise up from the grave and "Take back this Country"... then we could straighten out a bunch of things... starting with the US Supreme Court! Then REALLY restrict Federal Government to what was originally intended... then...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ruh-roh ...
Ruh-roh is right. People are frantically diggin', diggin', diggin' looking for hit-piece fodder so readers can go from unsubstantiated to apparently in one quick & easy step.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I kinda wish the Founding Fathers of this country would rise up from the grave and "Take back this Country"... then we could straighten out a bunch of things... starting with the US Supreme Court! Then REALLY restrict Federal Government to what was originally intended... then...
Yeah the founding fathers could rise from the dead, go buy a few slaves, kill a few natives, take away some woman's rights and burn alive the ones they thought might be witches. Sound like good dudes. Silly founders, they didn't realize that all woman are witches. Lol

Reactions: ysracer

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Reactions: RoadTime and muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ruh-roh is right. People are frantically diggin', diggin', diggin' looking for hit-piece fodder so readers can go from unsubstantiated to apparently in one quick & easy step.
Sworn to, in a deposition, under the penalty of perjury, while under oath ...

In any event, the reaction of Trump Mini-Me and consigliere Cohen, lends mebbe a little insight into the man and his organization, and the culture that may pervade it ...

Reactions: Unclebob

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
People lie in divorce depositions every day, especially when big bucks are involvedy. They lie in criminal depositions often enough without being prosecuted. Emotions run high in the family law arena, and litigants’ perceptions of incidents can vary wildly. So, what happens when a witness swears to “tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth” and then lies? Not much. Not only does the opposing party have limited civil remedies available to right the wrong (in most states, maybe all, you can't even sue the liar in civil court for lying) , but history shows the perjurer will not be criminally prosecuted even when the lie substantially affects the outcome. Judges certainly have the power to do so (although in some states is not actually against the law to lie in a civil deposition), so why they don't is beyond me. Judges basically leave it at determining which lie is the smallest whopper and move on.

As you the mindset and culture of Trump and his FU Money, that much certainly seems apparent.