The Trump Card...

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
WAR TALES SAYS IT ALL BOOT CAMP AND THE REALALITY OF THE TRUTH THAT WHAT REAL. KID WAR TALES RE WRITES MIGHT AS WELL DELETE DELET IT.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Time for the seckret decoder ring ...
The tall tales of McCain's war record are nothing more than tall war tales that tells you all you need to know if you know they're tall tales (McCain's war record is less-than stellar). Boot camp and the reality of the truth (McCain had a rough boot camp and just barely graduated the Naval Academy) tells the real reality about McCain.

Kid, lemme tell ya, all those war-tales rewrites and the spinnin' of the truth? <hrmph> Might as well delete the rewrite spin 'cause it's all a pack o' lies. <spitooey>

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It might be reasonable to ask what McCain has accomplished politically in the real world since he got out of the POW camp. Let's see...there was the Keating Five, McCain-Feingold, nominated for POTUS and lost to the most unqualified, inexperienced and radically liberal Democrat candidate in history, and somehow still gets re-elected to his senate seat in AZ. This should speak volumes for the powers of incumbency Congress has established for itself.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
It might be reasonable to ask what McCain has accomplished politically in the real world since he got out of the POW camp. Let's see...there was the Keating Five, McCain-Feingold, nominated for POTUS and lost to the most unqualified, inexperienced and radically liberal Democrat candidate in history, and somehow still gets re-elected to his senate seat in AZ. This should speak volumes for the powers of incumbency Congress has established for itself.
"Unqualified" lmao....what do you mean exactly? Is having an IQ twice that as the last president what you mean? Or maybe its that his last name isn't Bush or Clinton. Having a radical conservative in office wasn't working out to we'll either. I didn't vote for senator McCain but I have a lot of respect for him. To question his accomplishments in government is rediculous. His service to our country pre and post war is greater than that of all three bushes put together. Lol. The problem a lot of people have (even though they don't have the balls to admit it) is that he'll always be the one that lost to the liberal black guy. It's a shame.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Unqualified" lmao....what do you mean exactly? Is having an IQ twice that as the last president what you mean?
Do you know what his IQ is? Nobody else does, but nonetheless that has nothing to do with his qualifications or experience necessary for POTUS. In 2008 he was three years into his first term as senator, having done nothing remarkable during that short period in office. Before that he was a state senator from IL. He had been a lecturer at the Univ. of Chicago and a community organizer. Other than that, he had never had a substantial job and never served in an executive position at any level. That's what I mean by "unqualified". He did however, meet the constitutional requirements to hold the office of president since he was over 35 years old and was a US citizen.
Having a radical conservative in office wasn't working out to we'll either.
Contrary to the way the mainstream media tried to portray him, G.W. Bush was anything but a radical conservative.
I didn't vote for senator McCain but I have a lot of respect for him. To question his accomplishments in government is rediculous. His service to our country pre and post war is greater than that of all three bushes put together. Lol.
You obviously don't know anything about George H.W. Bush. Check out his biography if you want to read about a real war hero. Personally, I didn't agree with some of his political positions, but there haven't been many people on the planet that have compiled a record of public service and military accomplishments that compare with his; McCain - certainly not Obama - can't hold a candle to what this man has done for his country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush

Reactions: aristotle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
[QUOTE="Windsor, post: 745035, member: 21863" . I didn't vote for senator McCain but I have a lot of respect for him. To question his accomplishments in government is rediculous. His service to our country pre and post war is greater than that of all three bushes put together. Lol. The problem a lot of people have (even though they don't have the balls to admit it) is that he'll always be the one that lost to the liberal black guy. It's a shame.[/QUOTE]

It's ridiculous that someone would think it's ridiculous to question someone's accomplishment in government. A politician's accomplishments and record should always be questioned.
Yes, McCain has served his country pre and post war, however that doesn't absolve him of criticism of HOW he is serving. Many conservatives have issues with how he is serving as a politician.
Regarding 'lost to the liberal black guy', I don't know why you even have to go there.
Just throwing a red herring into the argument because someone is criticizing him.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A Senator serving more than one term can be questioned hard about whether he (or she) is actually serving the public. National politics is virtually always about political and personal power and personal gain moreso than it is about "service" to the public. The Founding Fathers designed the Senate and Senate elections so that the entire body would be turned over anew every 6 years, with one-third of the Senators exiting every 2 years to be replaced by fresh minds. The Founding Fathers did this both so as to not burden those who would serve, and to limit the power of those who did. Six years of public service in the Senate is "service," but if you have Senatorial ambitions beyond that, it's something else.

What we have now is a group of longer tenured, more powerful Senators running the country rather than a more genuine representation of We The People.

Reactions: aquitted and muttly

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
People like Trump for punching the GOP Establishment and the media square on the nose. Repeatedly.

From The Donald....

- July 24 2015 -
The Silent Majority has awakened!
stars_2.png

Have you seen today’s poll? What about this Fox poll? We are in first place! All the polls confirm it! We continue to prove we are ready to take our country back and, more than any other candidate; we have the support of the people.

----Looks like old Donald is a shoe in for center stage, at least for the first debate. I wonder which candidate is going to feel that shoe first :p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Fortunately or unfortunately, depending, it's very rare for someone to lead the polls at this point in the process and still be leading a year later.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
"Take our country back"? Does the country belong to the conservatives. If it does I didn't get the memo. I thought it belonged to all of us.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No, it belongs to the namby-pamby make-believe multicultural politically correct crowd who have done away with anything that might threaten the self-esteem of a 7-year-old.

Reactions: RoadTime

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Taking Back Our Country" is "CODE" for Taking Blacks (Barack, Michelle, Sasha, Meleia, and Beau) out of the White House. It is a very simple message. Think about it. This whole movement to "Take our county back" is new. It's birth was two years ago when Barack Obama was sworn in as President. George Bush led the country into a war based one lies and garbage. More than 4,500 military men/women have been killed because of his lies: More than the number killed by terroist at the WTC on 9/11. President Obama inherited the worse financial management of this country since the Great Depression, yet, the Tea Baggers/Republican said nothing. My question is this: WHY ARE YOU ASKING FOR YOUR COUNTRY BACK NOW AND WHY DIDN'T YOU WANT IT WHEN BUSH WAS TEARING IT DOWN - LIMB BY LIMB??