Is there any other Universal Dedicated drivers out there?

Heather Jones

Rookie Expediter
I was just wondering if there was any other Universal Vanners out there? I don't see many of the semis and I have not seen any other vans. I am stilling sitting and have been since Thursday. I was hoping maybe another driver from my company could advise me on what is the best places to get out of once you deliver?

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Nope looks like your the only one.if its dedicated why are you sitting?

Heather Jones

Rookie Expediter
I am at the crossroads of the state. 98 miles from STL, 98 miles from Terre Haute IN, 250 from Chicago IL, and about 150 from KY. I told them I would DH if need be. Maybe it really is that slow. My uncle has been doing this for three years and most weeks he is moving all week. Once in a while he is sitting for two to three days. He is at a loss on why I am sitting so long as well. When I call in it's the same ol thing. I am new to this so I am clueless on what is Avg sitting and what is not. You guys have been helping me understand things a lot better.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I am about 70 miles southeast of Terre haute you should be a little bit better off than me not much around here but corn fields. Ky and TN a little better but I am lucky to get 2 loads a week from here.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The problem with the crossroads of Illinois is that not much actually ships out of there. There are a lot of shippers within a 100-150 mile radius, and that's great, but if something needs to be picked up in any of those places within an hour, you're SOL. You should go go Pontoon Beach and increase your luck.

Heather Jones

Rookie Expediter
The problem with the crossroads of Illinois is that not much actually ships out of there. There are a lot of shippers within a 100-150 mile radius, and that's great, but if something needs to be picked up in any of those places within an hour, you're SOL. You should go go Pontoon Beach and increase your luck.
Ok, thank you. I will have to get permission to move.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree with Turtle on the crossroads of illinois ... but with my previous carrier if I was DH on my Dime it would be to Hopkinsville , Ky...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, thank you. I will have to get permission to move.
Permission? This is expedite you can move where you want, well unless you want empty move pay. I would ask dispatch where to move to, I'm thinking universal might be a little more regional.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Never have a problem getting out of Chicago myself, st Louis is hit or miss.