And the bigotry continues

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So you feel like your in some kind of danger at the Kelloggs plant because a lot of blacks work there, seriously??? Is that what your saying?
White people are afraid of black people. Everybody knows that.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
So you feel like your in some kind of danger at the Kelloggs plant because a lot of blacks work there, seriously??? Is that what your saying?
No its the 20 something blocks getting there one morning there was six people walking down the middle of the street it took 15 min to get 1 block waiting on them to stroll

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
No its the 20 something blocks getting there one morning there was six people walking down the middle of the street it took 15 min to get 1 block waiting on them to stroll
Next time that happens lay on your horn and tell them to move? They'll think your crazy and move. Trust me, it works everytime.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Doesn't surprise me that someone wants to be offended by liberty. And, of course, add in a burning cross to boot... that just adds a little emphasis to said offense, doesn't it? But don't worry your little head about it; the government isn't going to allow us to get that far. Not after it took so long getting us to where we are. You, and many others, have proven that Brawndo's what plants crave.

Yes we should have the liberty to do all the fun stuff they did in the '50s. Before the government made it illegal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragman

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
It amazes me at how many people are offended, uncomfortable or plainly prejudice against gays, homosexuals. When the majority of us are not pushing our way of life on yours but only asking to be treated equally as we equally contribute.
If you were in need of major surgery to save your life, would you turn it down because your doctor chooses to lay with the same sex?
Whether you want to agree with it or not most do not choose the lifestyle. I have a daughter that is 100% heterosexual, thank goodness.
It's easier today to live your life as a gay or lesbian, but just as proven on this forum, you will have individuals that will judge you as those that judge on skin color.
Or multi racial relationships.
Don't judge or ridicule unless your house is in perfect order. Put energy into bettering your relationship with your higher power than the blasphemy to hurt those you know nothing about.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
PS.. Your safe on the street when I am around.. I got your six

And you've got a feminist friend. You've never abused me, and all the social ills of the world are not laid at the door of your broke ass - just like all the mother in law jokes aren't all about me. [Only the ones my son in law tells. When I'm not around, of course.] ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Are you saying that because women worry about being physically attacked, that because every place and time is a "wrong place" for women, they are rightly and correctly classified as victims?

Not at all. I'm saying that men worry about going certain places that are known to be unsafe, but women have to think of almost everywhere as potentially unsafe - even their own homes. Between rape and domestic violence, most women can't ever feel truly safe & secure, anywhere. Hell, many of us can't even take a walk in the afternoon without some morons catcalling, asking "Do you want a ride?", making rude comments, etc. No matter how much we'd like to be left alone, there's almost always some reminder of how vulnerable we are, all the time, and it just sucks.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Not at all. I'm saying that men worry about going certain places that are known to be unsafe, but women have to think of almost everywhere as potentially unsafe - even their own homes. Between rape and domestic violence, most women can't ever feel truly safe & secure, anywhere. Hell, many of us can't even take a walk in the afternoon without some morons catcalling, asking "Do you want a ride?", making rude comments, etc. No matter how much we'd like to be left alone, there's almost always some reminder of how vulnerable we are, all the time, and it just sucks.
Neither my wife nor my three sisters live in fear of men. I've never heard them speak of harassment or fear of violence from men.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Neither my wife nor my three sisters live in fear of men. I've never heard them speak of harassment or fear of violence from men.

I don't "live in fear of men" either. But the vulnerability is as much a part of being female as menstruation, pregnancy, childbirth, etc.- it comes with having a uterus. We don't let it rule our lives [or thoughts], but it cannot be eliminated, either. Even if I'd never experienced abuse from a man, I'd still be annoyed at being unable to take a walk without being bothered by unwanted attention. [I used to like walking!] I still prefer getting a meal "to go" and enjoying it in the truck to sitting alone in a restaurant, where some man might think I want company, because those kind of men are often obnoxious. If you didn't know that, it's to your credit, because you're not one of them, but there are too many who are, and they are everywhere.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
White people are afraid of black people. Everybody knows that.

Black people, not really. Black neighborhoods... just about anywhere there's an MLK Blvd, that tells white people they're in the wrong neighborhood. Pontiac has a semi-decent one, however.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Before the trucking business I was in the construction business. I had a gay roommate we respected the fact he was gay, I was and still am habitually strait we were like brothers. I also earned a job as a bouncer at the club he hung out at after defending him when a couple douchebags jumped him.
I made some decent money building, remodeling, and other construction projects for several gay and lesbian customers residential, commercial, and industrial with no issues or bizarre acts. For the record, the average project cost for a gay customer was often 25 to 50 percent more profitable because they like and can afford more expensive things.
Now with the exception of a few complements, and other offers I politely turned down and no ones feelings were hurt, and I didn't take offense, I never had a problem with anybody who is gay. As for going into a gay bar, unless you are looking for an issue or a date its not any different bar.

Bob Wolf.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Black people, not really. Black neighborhoods... just about anywhere there's an MLK Blvd, that tells white people they're in the wrong neighborhood. Pontiac has a semi-decent one, however.

I once mentioned to a codriver [a white female] that when the street is named for ML King, you know it's not an 'upscale' neighborhood, and she said "I never would have taken you for a racist!" Huh? I thought it was a simple observation, easily confirmed: there are no streets named for MLK in areas of high dollar real estate. Ditto for pawn shops, rent to own, check cashing storefronts, "buy here, pay here" car lots, or laundromats, either. Is that racist, really?

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I once mentioned to a codriver [a white female] that when the street is named for ML King, you know it's not an 'upscale' neighborhood, and she said "I never would have taken you for a racist!" Huh? I thought it was a simple observation, easily confirmed: there are no streets named for MLK in areas of high dollar real estate. Ditto for pawn shops, rent to own, check cashing storefronts, "buy here, pay here" car lots, or laundromats, either. Is that racist, really?
Don't forget dollar stores, liquor stores and basketball hoops right on the street.