July 2015 Where ya at? Where ya going?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A big, sweet, innocent fluff ball....just wants to chase cars or doesn't understand what they are or just wants to bark at em cuz they're moving, kinda dog. Maggie stares at people and drivers as they go by. Cracks me up, and usually brings laughter or a big smile to the vehicle's occupants. Makes me happy to see.
He's funny barks at cars but not at motorcycles. He's very much a people kinda dog. He will bark at you till you speak to him. Then barks as you walk away.

Reactions: vandriver2

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
17204_901963949826822_4155959573086559864_n.jpg Wonder if there is a Truck Made any more that can take Running Like Hell. That old FLD I called the Bull sure could. . CO driver at Home on shore leave. Truck in Refit and Upkeep . Me not home. Soon as its outa Refit dock I'm outa here back to work. Happy 4th of July. 26 weeks Straight and no home time yet. Cant go in till I make it. To my better Half this for you.

Last edited:

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Looks like I'm gonna be going home on my own dime...not gonna do another 4 or 5 days for loads that aren't going anywherw

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Me too...2 Loads all week, waited and drove home yesterday at 17:00. Still In Service for $horties but Goodie$.
Due to pre-scheduled sedation-required Canine Teeth Cleaning Appointment for Maggie and Physical for myself, I had to turn down an Indiana to Laredo load just now. Poo Poo Poo Pa Choo!
...and Life Happily continues on...Home Sweet Home...ya'll enjoy yours too!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Me too...2 Loads all week, waited and drove home yesterday at 17:00. Still In Service for $horties but Goodie$.
Due to pre-scheduled sedation-required Canine Teeth Cleaning Appointment for Maggie and Physical for myself, I had to turn down an Indiana to Laredo load just now. Poo Poo Poo Pa Choo!
...and Life Happily continues on...Home Sweet Home...ya'll enjoy yours too!
That's the way it usually works. When you only want to do shorties you get called for the ultimate load which you can't do.
Also I ve done 4 shorties for this week. Hoping for 1 more to make it an ok week.

Reactions: vandriver2

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Had two pretty good runs this week. Hung out in "Scott In Bama's" backyard after a Mercedes delivery, then got on a load yesterday Anniston AL to Aberdeen MD delivered this AM. Since I am next door to home I will kount my blessings for the two good ones I had and call it a holiday.

Will be back out Monday starting from Toledo area. My wife is going thru orientation so she can run with me "sometimes". Meanwhile, can someone recommend a good place in Toledo to get my head examined??:rolleyes:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Meanwhile, can someone recommend a good place in Toledo to get my head examined??:rolleyes:
tumblr_lv9uacqYaC1qabj53o1_500.jpg

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm just sitting here updating loads tonight. I finally got off the road again because of health issues. I'm back to dispatching trucks. I won't tell you the name of the carrier I'm currently working for, but it's good to be back in the dispatcher seat again!

Last edited by a moderator:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I hope the road has been good to all of you. It's just a sad state of affairs right now within our industry. I was recently outbid on a "team dock high straight truck load" that needed to go 1200 miles in 24 hours. The bid was 1400 dollars for 1200 miles. How can anyone move a dock high truck for that kind of a rate? I ended up getting another load for my truck that paid 2 dollars a mile. I see cargo van loads going for under a dollar a mile. I don't see how anyone is making it on these kind of rates. I know the brokers are making a killing off of the loads they broker out on Sylectus; because they tend to cough up some big money when they really have to. I will do my best to try and keep the rates up on my end. I never bid under a dollar a mile on cargo van loads, and not much under 1.80 per mile on straight truck loads. I think we all need to band together and stop lowering the rates! And for those of you who have ramps on your box truck to make your truck dock high just to undercut straight truck loads, shame on you. There's a lot of shady stuff going on out here right now, and it's up to us the dispatchers and drivers to take a stand against it.

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That buck a mile translates into . 80 a mile my end... Which is reasonable and quite profitable for me! Just saying... I would consider the unit you are bidding it for ....
Welcome back