And the bigotry continues

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Instead of being shocked and dismayed about it, look up property rights, and get educated on why what he's doing should not be against the law.

Having said that, it is up to the customer to punish him, by shopping elsewhere, if they don't agree with him. It's the market dictating what they'll accept, not the government.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, it is sort of amazing that you take something and apply it in one direction and it's perfectly fine and promoted and applauded and turn it 180 degrees and it's denounced and horrible. And that there are various ones to choose from. Like that whole affirmative action / discrimination thing. Exactly the same thing, just different words or sides, and yet so differently received.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Instead of being shocked and dismayed about it, look up property rights, and get educated on why what he's doing should not be against the law.

Having said that, it is up to the customer to punish him, by shopping elsewhere, if they don't agree with him. It's the market dictating what they'll accept, not the government.
Using this rationale, if the sign says " no blacks, Jews, Irish, etc. " , that would be OK? Sorry no.

Saying no gays is pure bigotry, plain and simple.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
In the late 50s and some of the 60s, my Dad owned a Western Store and we waited on all customers....but you see, it was not as complicated as today. I did not know the word homosexual, it was a different time frame. Now its complicated and everything is now so argumentative. Many stay offended on a vast array of subjects. Wrong is call right and right things and good manners are lost in the darkness. Old Rodney said it best," can we all get along?"

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Do keep in mind that bigotry deals with the intolerance of other creeds, beliefs and ideas. Homosexuality is none of those things. Also, the Civil Rights Act does not list sexual orientation (or gender identity) as a protected class.

The vitriol and hatred pronounced by gays in response to this man's position (he is a Baptist minister) makes me wonder why those who scream the loudest at demanding tolerance are those least likely to show any of it. Gays from all over the country, instead of simply not shopping at this man's hardware store, want his business closed and him in jail, or dead, or ideally, all three.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The intolerance exhibited by homosexuals towards those who do not agree with them and their agenda is something rarely, if ever mentioned in the media. For instance, try going into a gay bar and see what kind of reception and/or service they give you. They've done a great job of creating the image that all of them are victims of bigotry and oppression, but they love everyone anyway and are pure as the wind-driven snow; this is hardly the case.

Reactions: mrgoodtude

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, they demand 100% tolerance and respect and acceptance to be given to them and none to be expected from them. Do business.. don't business.. the market will accept or reject. That should be adequate for everyone.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The intolerance exhibited by homosexuals towards those who do not agree with them and their agenda is something rarely, if ever mentioned in the media. For instance, try going into a gay bar and see what kind of reception and/or service they give you. They've done a great job of creating the image that all of them are victims of bigotry and oppression, but they love everyone anyway and are pure as the wind-driven snow; this is hardly the case.
I have no intention of going into a gay bar, but if I did, I'm sure I would be welcomed.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have no intention of going into a gay bar,...
Why not? Just a rhetorical question, considering they have no problem coming into straight establishments of all kinds and expect to not only be served, but also be treated with respect and dignity.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I think the reception you'd get would be just the same as if you walked into a bar wearing the "wrong" sports team colors, on a game night.
They certainly don't love everyone, and are not pure as the driven snow, [where do you come up with this stuff?!], but they absolutely have been the victims of bigotry: refused jobs, housing, even such basic rights as walking the streets unmolested, while minding their own business. They've been publicly insulted, jeered at, and attacked - they've even been seriously injured and killed for simply being what they are. I can't blame those who are fed up with it, myself.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Why not? Just a rhetorical question, considering they have no problem coming into straight establishments of all kinds and expect to not only be served, but also be treated with respect and dignity.

And why shouldn't they be?!

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do keep in mind that bigotry deals with the intolerance of other creeds, beliefs and ideas. Homosexuality is none of those things. Also, the Civil Rights Act does not list sexual orientation (or gender identity) as a protected class.

The vitriol and hatred pronounced by gays in response to this man's position (he is a Baptist minister) makes me wonder why those who scream the loudest at demanding tolerance are those least likely to show any of it. Gays from all over the country, instead of simply not shopping at this man's hardware store, want his business closed and him in jail, or dead, or ideally, all three.
With that in mind, here's another example of homosexual intolerance and outright racism.
George Takei unleashed a racist rant against Clarence Thomas, sneering that the Supreme Court justice is a "clown in blackface." The Star Trek actor on Monday fumed, "[Thomas] is a clown in blackface sitting on the Supreme Court. He gets me that angry. He doesn't belong there."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-...clarence-thomas-clown-black-face#.imqwq5:ztXW

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Been in several. Never had any issues whether my wife was with me or not. Closest bar to my house in FL was at a gay resort. Neighborhood was glad to have them move in, and gut and redo a motel for transients. The resort and our neighborhood association ended sponsoring events together. Also been to a couple of lesbian bars with my daughter.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the reception you'd get would be just the same as if you walked into a bar wearing the "wrong" sports team colors, on a game night.
They certainly don't love everyone, and are not pure as the driven snow, [where do you come up with this stuff?!], but they absolutely have been the victims of bigotry: refused jobs, housing, even such basic rights as walking the streets unmolested, while minding their own business. They've been publicly insulted, jeered at, and attacked - they've even been seriously injured and killed for simply being what they are. I can't blame those who are fed up with it, myself.
Some have faced those things, many have not.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You gotta be kidding
And why shouldn't they be?!
Guess what - it's not a perfect world. Many militant homosexuals harbor an extreme degree of contempt and animosity towards straight people. Of course many of those that live in the liberal bubble may not realize this. It may surprise you to learn that white people may not be welcome in certain bars or restaurants located in inner city areas of Chicago or Baltimore - but why shouldn't they be?:rolleyes:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The best is yet to come, the tax exempt status of religious institutions will be attacked and challenged using this ruling. There is a very loud minority in the gay community and they will use this for all they can. Why someone would want to marry in a church that does not agree with them is apparent. It won't stop with churches alone but their universities etc will also be challenged.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You gotta be kidding

Guess what - it's not a perfect world. Many militant homosexuals harbor an extreme degree of contempt and animosity towards straight people. Of course many of those that live in the liberal bubble may not realize this. It may surprise you to learn that white people may not be welcome in certain bars or restaurants located in inner city areas of Chicago or Baltimore - but why shouldn't they be?:rolleyes:

No group should be judged by the antics of the fringe [or Christians would be in deep doo doo], but the majority. I'm not surprised that white people aren't welcome in some places, because every group tends to feel more comfortable among its' own people, of whatever tribe. You are the one expressing outrage that a straight person may not be welcomed in a gay bar: "Try going into a gay bar and see what kind of reception and/or service they give you" was your comment. I can pretty much guarantee it might include some glares, but you needn't fear being beat up. Which is more than I can say for a gay going into a straight bar, or a sports fan wearing Ohio State going into a bar in Ann Arbor, eh?
BTW: I have gone into several gay bars [in Houston & New Orleans] and never had any trouble for being heterosexual. I only got 'hit on' once, and when I politely declined, she was less obnoxious than most guys are, lol.
They have every right to expect to be served and treated with the same attitude as every other customer, provided they are behaving in much the same manner as every other customer. When there is trouble, it's inevitably because some other patron decides they are gay, [not always correctly, either] and makes it an issue.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

It's not about property rights [try erecting a structure on your property and get educated on what those rights don't include, lol], it's about being licensed to serve the public. The license conveys benefits, in return for which there are obligations, including serving all the public.
If it's ok to intrude one's religious beliefs while on the job, how about if doctors and nurses do it? Firefighters? Cops? Postal workers? Bank tellers? Loan originators? Hot dog sellers at the stadium?