Bologna sandwiches

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
The only meal I ever seen in jail was beans and worms and I wasn't that hungry I was 15 and never have been back

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Why not feed them beans they are cheaper

People in jail haven't been convicted of any crimes, only accused. Even when they are convicted, they don't lose all their Constitutional rights, nor their religious ones.
You knew that, right?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Menu choices aren't a Constitutional right. You knew that, right?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
People in jail haven't been convicted of any crimes, only accused.
Except, of course, for the ones who have been convicted.

People are in jail for one of three reasons:
  1. People who have been arrested and are being held pending a plea agreement, trial, or sentencing;
  2. People who have been convicted of a misdemeanor criminal offense and are serving a sentence of (typically) less than 1 year; and
  3. People who have been sentenced to prison and are about to be transferred to another facility.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Menu choices aren't a Constitutional right. You knew that, right?
But exercise of religion is, and there are some religions which mandate special diets. The state cannot take that right away.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
People in jail haven't been convicted of any crimes, only accused. Even when they are convicted, they don't lose all their Constitutional rights, nor their religious ones.
You knew that, right?
Yep but does that meen we should feed them better than some of us eat

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unless your starving i don't think any inmate is eating better than you.
I have done time not at every institution yes the menu looks great but the jokes on you.
The best meals I ever had while locked up were the ones we made our selves or what our family bought us at visitation.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I eat off the dollar menu can beans etc sometime when we get slow buy a subway make it last 2 days lol

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Unless your starving i don't think any inmate is eating better than you.
I have done time not at every institution yes the menu looks great but the jokes on you.
The best meals I ever had while locked up were the ones we made our selves or what our family bought us at visitation.
Amazing what you can trade some Ramen Noodles for...