Hino 268 Blower Motor

showtimes2

Rookie Expediter
Does anyone know if it is possible to install a blower motor that will put out more airflow than the stock one. Mine is a 2007. There is just not enough airflow coming out of the vents. I have cleaned the inside and outside filters and that did help some, but I think the motor or fan is just too small.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cleaning the blower motor also might help. Or the motor could be wearing out and a stock replacement might run better.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Does anyone know if it is possible to install a blower motor that will put out more airflow than the stock one. Mine is a 2007. There is just not enough airflow coming out of the vents. I have cleaned the inside and outside filters and that did help some, but I think the motor or fan is just too small.
If the filters have been left off for any period of time, the evaporator fins might just be clogged full of crap.
If enough soda and coffee have been spilled, the sugar will seize up the blend doors.
You'll know if the blower motor itself is going bad when the speed control switch and harness connector melt into a blob.

Reactions: paulnstef39

showtimes2

Rookie Expediter
It's cool enough, just not enough airflow, same with heat. It seems that I remember seeing many complaints about this on these trucks in various places on the internet. Although I did notice that there seems to be warm air coming from the vent directed at the floor on the drivers feet.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Sounds like a blend door issue if you have both heat and ac at the same time. This could also cause poor airflow.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
It seems that I remember seeing many complaints about this on these trucks in various places on the internet.

There are lots of complaints. When you boil it all down, the complaints revolve around a lack of information, crappy dealers, and unqualified people trying to fix them with hammers.

If they are repaired correctly and problems aren't ignored, they run for a long time. There are several Hino-only fleets that utilize my shop, and the trucks are replaced with more Hinos when they are wrecked. The occasional engine gets rebuilt instead of retiring the truck, and blown up transmissions are replaced and the truck keeps rolling.

They are good trucks when taken care of, imo. We've run some numbers and the total cost of the vehicle plus repairs over a normal lifespan is lower than on a few much more popular brands.