Latest Brokers not Paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHDLLC

Seasoned Expediter
Note Demaris Transportation Service on the list. Beware.

Please review the following list of brokers.

Baxter Bailey & Associates is committed to protecting carriers by providing information on companies that have exhibited signs of not paying motor carrier clients.

If any of these companies are revoked or filed for Bankruptcy protection give me a call immediately and, we will attempt to collect the freight charges directly from the shippers and/or consignees even if it means double payment. Additionally, we are the only collection agent that will sue a shipper and/or consignee to recover what is rightfully owed. If suit is necessary there is not out of pocket expense.

If any of these companies are currently operating we suggest checking their credit, references, etc. before extending credit.

Go to or web-page for a more complete list. Also check out our testimonial page. Our testimonials are not anonymous. The company names are noted on the testimonials.

Broker List

Broker MC Status City State
Olathe Trucking 517303 Revoked Denver CO
FTL Logistics 674971 Revoked Hope AR
Faye Stewart Transportation Service 406587 Bankrupt Phoenix AZ
Demaris Transportation Service 624152 West Chester OH
Express Connection 301272 Ontario CA
TCA Logistics 855985 Highland MI
Midwest Freight 882998 Revoked New Hudson MI
Seminole Logistics 457907 St Paul MN
Allo Transportation LLC 457907 Revoked Seattle WA
P&W Diversified Transport 875753 Revoked Orlando FL

open

1630 Goodman RD E Suite 3, Southaven, MS 38671

HHDLLC

Seasoned Expediter
Just reposting the alert I got from Baxter Bailey & Associates. I've had slow pays and no pays in the past from Demaris. Just interesting to see he made their list.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Charles Demaris is a long time respected member of these forums. A quick search would have found this....

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forums/threads/havent-been-around-in-a-while.66188/
If he owes you money (which I don't think is the case), contacted him. He is an upstanding person and will make things right.
the reason you know this is????
you worked for him? You've had other business dealings with him? because he said so? LOL

Charles seems like a good guy....but who really knows eh?

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
the reason you know this is????
you worked for him? You've had other business dealings with him? because he said so? LOL

Charles seems like a good guy....but who really knows eh?
oh yeah ovm is a Canadian...eh? I have family in Toronto that eh drives
me crazy lol...nahh I am used to it

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OnMyOwn

Rookie Expediter
YES - he owes me money
YES - his phone is disconnected
YES - his broker licence has been revoked since 01/20/15
YES - he continued to post loads as if he was still a broker
YES - he lied about sending payment to "wrong address"

So who's the "respected member of the forum"? And what makes you that? The number of posts? How much knowledge you have about the industry? How well you write in English?

We have all these preconceived ideas about who people are. They are all businessmen. When they reached bottom they must save themselves first.

brohammerllc

Expert Expediter
I worked for DeMaris Transportation for almost five (5) years before quitting. I quit because he didn't pay his drivers.

Yes--he lost his recently lost his mother, but she was working for another company at the time.
Yes, times got tough, but they were/are tough for all of us.

But Charles says it not his fault: He has blamed it on the banks not processing his checks on time, his dispatchers, the factoring company, etc. He even went as far as to blame the letter carrier who delivers mail to his former office location--said the guy must have thrown away the checks! He has also had some legal actions concerning money payments go against him this year.

In my opinion, Mr. DeMaris' problem was money management.

He was using a factoring company that paid the drivers directly. Things worked out find. However, he wanted a little more control of his cash flow, but then the problems started. At the end, he would "take from Peter in order to pay Paul".

Charles has owed me money for loads and dispatch work that I did in March 2015. I have sent him multiple emails (no response) and certified letters via FedEx, UPS, and the postal system. He has signed for these letters, but has failed to respond.

He has closed his business office and moved his business back to his home. He has changed phone numbers, and if you try to call him, the voicemail is always full. He has said that he doesn't want to answer the phone because it is just people wanting money from him.

He may be a "long time respect member" of these boards, but he is now screwing a lot of drivers out of a lot of money.

How much longer before you pay us, Charles???

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
goes to show how fragile and the slim margins of profits really are when a carrier/guy tries to pay a decent rate....make a couple mistakes and toss in some outside bad luck and bam....kinda like the snakes and ladders game...a roll of the dice...do you climb a ladder to the top or slide the snake to the bottom to start all over again....?

brohammerllc

Expert Expediter
I can understand the slim margins. What I can't understand not owning up to that failure. Ignoring phone calls, letters, emails, etc will not make the problem go away. If the drivers that he owes money to decide to press legal action against him and win their cases he will probably end up owing more money.

Buck up, Charles!!! Call those folks that you owe money to and set up some sort of payment plan. You've got time between UBER loads to make those calls.

Reactions: jjtdrv4u

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can understand the slim margins. What I can't understand not owning up to that failure. Ignoring phone calls, letters, emails, etc will not make the problem go away. If the drivers that he owes money to decide to press legal action against him and win their cases he will probably end up owing more money.

Buck up, Charles!!! Call those folks that you owe money to and set up some sort of payment plan. You've got time between UBER loads to make those calls.
That seems to be the general theme of woe when some of these go under.... It was someone's else's fault... Really? Your company was so fragile it didn't withstand a strong breeze.... That's YOUR fault for not have a strong solid foundation to build on in the first place.... A house of cards always collapses sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.