Gays can now marry..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They can. And they can be jerks, and they can be stupid, too. Because they're just like the rest of us, except in one respect - and that one respect is not worth treating them as "less than" anyone else, because it cannot harm anyone else.
I've never, not even once, advocated for or suggested that gays should be treated as "less than" anyone else. I have, however, often suggested that gays should not receive special treatment as if they are somehow "more than" anyone else.

Reactions: skyraider

paullud

Veteran Expediter
This is a terrible thing. Now when someone calls you gay you can't just say, "I'm married".
I wish gays would have fought this from a different angle and said that marriage is a religious institution and that the government has no business being involved in religion or deciding who is worthy to be joined as a couple. I would have actively fought for that but instead they took the whiney "but it's not fair" route.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is a terrible thing. Now when someone calls you gay you can't just say, "I'm married".
I wish gays would have fought this from a different angle and said that marriage is a religious institution and that the government has no business being involved in religion or deciding who is worthy to be joined as a couple. I would have actively fought for that but instead they took the whiney "but it's not fair" route.
Gay activists have flat rejected civil unions that are literally identical to state-enforced marriage contracts except in name, the m-word, and they've done it on principle (a "I want it really, really badly, therefore I should have it" principle). This is because they want to mimic and mock the religious heterosexuals that hate them, to get back at religion.

They went after the m-word, marriage, specifically because it's a religious institution.

It isn't about equality, it's about winning, it's about beating religion. The bible says homosexuality is an abomination, a sin, and they have to win against religion, Christianity in particular, in order to mock religion, in order to thumb their noses at religion. It’s also a desperate desire to be seen as a normal, “traditional family,” despite the fact marriage means a traditional effect of religious-based monogamy. They think it is hilarious and delightful to make bible beaters uncomfortable, the more uncomfortable the better. That'll show 'em. It's about inflicting pain on one’s enemies.

They think if they can tear down the religious objection, there's nothing stopping them from being celebrated and embraced as normal. They are, of course, wrong.

This whole thing has transcended mere legal equality and the convenience of standard-form contracts, which is what they claim they wanted all along, and crossed into ceremonial jealously and childish revenge. And there will be a backlash over it. There always is for something that is forced upon people. Always.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Marriage is simply a contract between 2 people that needs no religion involved to make legal..

And for going after the church/ relegion. ..good it's all a bunch of BS anyway!!! Biggest BS story ever told by man!

Your dam right there making bible thumper uncomfortable. .GOOD ..do what those bigots did to them...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And for going after the church/ relegion. ..good it's all a bunch of BS anyway!!! Biggest BS story ever told by man!

Your dam right there making bible thumper uncomfortable. .GOOD ..do what those bigots did to them...
Now, now...It's supposed to be all about the love. #lovewinsremember?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
To accept same-sex marriage is to accept this modern idea that marriage is about love and partnership, instead of about dutiful procreation and obedient female submission.

The SCOTUS decision just further erodes the concept of women as property and marriage as an obligation to have children. The "threat" to traditional marriage is that it will no longer be a chance for men to be in control of someone else.

None of the conservative, traditional religions are too terribly fond of women running around free, just doing whatever they want - rest assured that gay marriage will continue to be most reviled target in all but the most progressive of religious institutions.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So much bitterness and hate must be a terrible burden. Anyway, the problem, one of them, is that now the door is opened and polygamists will want their right to marry, pedophiles will want their right to marry and on through every "special" group that wants special treatment. And since one special group has been given special treatment they will all demand and eventually get their own. It just wouldn't be fair to not allow some guy to marry his 9 year old beloved since Joe and Bob or Mary and Agnes are now allowed.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
C'mon LDB everyone should be able to marry anyone or anything , Love wins remember
Love wins Love wins! :rolleyes:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
So much bitterness and hate must be a terrible burden. Anyway, the problem, one of them, is that now the door is opened and polygamists will want their right to marry, pedophiles will want their right to marry and on through every "special" group that wants special treatment. And since one special group has been given special treatment they will all demand and eventually get their own. It just wouldn't be fair to not allow some guy to marry his 9 year old beloved since Joe and Bob or Mary and Agnes are now allowed.

Next time you open your big mouth ...look in the mirror. ..I have never seen the hate you put out for OUR president... that hate for that man must fester like a boil on your azz...

Don't be mad your backwards idiotic thinking was outlawed. ..nobody said you had to marry a man...so how does this affect YOU?? It does NOT.. but in YOUR typical Right wing wacko bible thumping thinking attitude ..you must control everyone...no you cant...

Reactions: RLENT

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Why do I ...have to live by your goofy religious ideas...if you want to...fine...but don't subject the rest of us to that BS...

Reactions: Windsor

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
To accept same-sex marriage is to accept this modern idea that marriage is about love and partnership, instead of about dutiful procreation and obedient female submission.
Marriage isn't about either one of those things. It certainly can be about all of that, but that's not what marriage is about.

The SCOTUS decision just further erodes the concept of women as property and marriage as an obligation to have children. The "threat" to traditional marriage is that it will no longer be a chance for men to be in control of someone else.
That argument fails on two counts. One, there are marriages between two men that will absolutely offer one of them to be in charge of someone else, and two, same-sex couples are so desperate to mimic what they hate that they have to adopt children to raise themselves.

None of the conservative, traditional religions are too terribly fond of women running around free, just doing whatever they want - rest assured that gay marriage will continue to be most reviled target in all but the most progressive of religious institutions.
Rest assured, gay marriage will continue to be reviled by even the non-religious, as well.

Reactions: aristotle

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Next time you open your big mouth ...look in the mirror. ..I have never seen the hate you put out for OUR president... that hate for that man must fester like a boil on your azz...

I hate Obama's policies. I hate Obama's superiority complex. I hate pretty much everything about Obama and his ruining of the nation and Constitution but I don't hate Obama. He's not worth the time or effort. I hold him in contempt, in disdain, I pity him for he is truly pitiful, but I wouldn't give him the credibility that hating him would offer.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Mimic. ..he here is a wierd of the wall thought...maybe it's human nature to want raise ..care.. nurture a young child...there is ALOT of satisfaction in it...

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I hate Obama's policies. I hate Obama's superiority complex. I hate pretty much everything about Obama and his ruining of the nation and Constitution but I don't hate Obama. He's not worth the time or effort. I hold him in contempt, in disdain, I pity him for he is truly pitiful, but I wouldn't give him the credibility that hating him would offer.

Well you must be steaming @ the ears like Yosemite Sam then...because that brother is getting shiz done!!!

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This administration isn't involved in that case, and the reason it didn't take long is because that's an old story from like 2 years ago.
And here I thought that crack team LDB has was bringing us up-to-the-minute breaking news ... lol ...