Has anyoe heard of On Call Logistics?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
His comments smack of putting blue eyeshadow and false eyelashes, not to mention lipstick, on that pig... and hoping the bar is dark enough and it's late enough that the pig looks purdy.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
"I never defended him at all" but - saying "He was humble enough to step up and say that he made mistake so there is no reason to keep going after him" IS defending him, absolutely.

That statement was obviously referring to my previous comment which he said that I was defending On Call in.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That statement was obviously referring to my previous comment which he said that I was defending On Call in.

And my statement was obviously referring to the defense of On Call that followed directly after the denial of a defense of On Call. You said "I never" and then you did - hilarious. :hilarious:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I imagine some of those guys who signed on with Rich did so because they seen his posts on the EO And thought he seems like a nice guy meanwhile he doesn't know crap how to run a business...

The PREACHER part of Rich is very misleading. .."he is a preacher..I'm safe"...big red flag for me..

Reactions: fastman_1

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This got me curious so I just did a Google search. Hmm.... trouble dating back to 2012, a hostile takeover reported here on EO. Yknow, as a Christian I sometimes have issues with asjssl, but this time he may have called it right. A preacher who engages in a hostile takeover wouldn't be my first choice to trust if I knew the details. Add further details,--- I wonder if the preacher was praying that God would somehow underwrite this, forgetting that God is just and won't underwrite stuff that's shady.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
This got me curious so I just did a Google search. Hmm.... trouble dating back to 2012, a hostile takeover reported here on EO. Yknow, as a Christian I sometimes have issues with asjssl, but this time he may have called it right. A preacher who engages in a hostile takeover wouldn't be my first choice to trust if I knew the details. Add further details,--- I wonder if the preacher was praying that God would somehow underwrite this, forgetting that God is just and won't underwrite stuff that's shady.

I just see it time and time again ...people using the trust of religion to take advantage of people..( it happens in all places in life..)
Why else would you call yourself "Preacher Rich" other than to evoke alot of trust from the beginning. .as we see the outcome...kinda makes sense...I know his original partner in the whole deal...he said it was not pretty what went down ...

I remember when Jeremy started On call years back...we talked often ...Red flags were waving in my head frantically then...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Covenant Transport or if Chattanooga is famous for beating over the head with the Bible in one hand, while using the other hand to steal your wallet.

In any case, I don't really recall Preacher Rich using religion as an avenue of trust.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He just might have trouble with that, if the stuff I've been Googling is any indication. Seems there's a skunk in the hen-house. All the stuff that falls from Google about this outfit is ---- well, I'm no expert, but I'd say this wouldn't be my first choice to drive for.

Note: The outfit I have been driving for is a mom-and-pop type outfit, operating out of a spare room in their house. There's been times I had to hold my check a day or two-- but in 5 years I really have little to complain about.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
And my statement was obviously referring to the defense of On Call that followed directly after the denial of a defense of On Call. You said "I never" and then you did - hilarious. :hilarious:

Good Lord. I said "I never defended". Notice the ed on the end of defended which indicates past tense and has no bearing on the rest of the post.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
He just might have trouble with that, if the stuff I've been Googling is any indication. Seems there's a skunk in the hen-house. All the stuff that falls from Google about this outfit is ---- well, I'm no expert, but I'd say this wouldn't be my first choice to drive for.

Note: The outfit I have been driving for is a mom-and-pop type outfit, operating out of a spare room in their house. There's been times I had to hold my check a day or two-- but in 5 years I really have little to complain about.

There were just a lot of weird things going on there. It was claimed as a hostile takeover then all of a sudden it was just a misunderstanding. The red flags are there now for people to research and make their own decisions. Hopefully everyone gets the money that they are due.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
That's, of course, the wishes of everyone out here in EOland.
The innocent are left alone.
The creditors are paid.
The debtors pay up.
The criminals come to justice.

There's no reason to argue over the who's and whys.
At the end of the day, every one of us want the same thing.
Justice for all involved.
This is a very risky industry that is full of good, honest people as well as crooks.
Let's just hope that ALL see justice in whatever form they are DUE.

And NO. I don't have a horse in that race. LOL!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Covenant Transport or if Chattanooga is famous for beating over the head with the Bible in one hand, while using the other hand to steal your wallet.

In any case, I don't really recall Preacher Rich using religion as an avenue of trust.

Merely using publicly the name "Preacher" implies it. People who are genuinely praiseworthy are almost always the last ones you'll hear it from, which makes me suspicious of anyone who says [or implies via appellation] that they are "good people".

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's an online screen name, that I can't recall ever seeing as being used as a recruiting tool. I don't recall him doing a lot of preaching, about anything, back when he drove his own van or when he got involved in running the carrier. So I'm not sure what to infer from that. I'm just not sure that his screen name implies that he's good people any more than mine implies that I'm good amphibians, or that yours implies that you're good with a stripper pole.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's an online screen name, that I can't recall ever seeing as being used as a recruiting tool. I don't recall him doing a lot of preaching, about anything, back when he drove his own van or when he got involved in running the carrier. So I'm not sure what to infer from that. I'm just not sure that his screen name implies that he's good people any more than mine implies that I'm good amphibians, or that yours implies that you're good with a stripper pole.

Puhleeze. Names [even nicknames & usernames/avatars] have associative powers. You don't see any major league sports team called the Pink Powderpuffs for a reason. The name Preacher implies a God fearing Christian, if not a genuine Preacher, which most people infer means a 'good' person.
Call yourself Butch, nobody assumes you're a hairdresser. :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Puhleeze. Names [even nicknames & usernames/avatars] have associative powers. You don't see any major league sports team called the Pink Powderpuffs for a reason.
Well, the Cincinnati Reds used to be The Big Red Machine. Now they're mostly just The Little Pink Tinker Toy.

The name Preacher implies a God fearing Christian, if not a genuine Preacher, which most people infer means a 'good' person.
It's really how people want to infer it more than what is supposed to imply. "Preacher" may imply God-fearing Christian, but "PreacherRich" implies very successful scummy charlatan televangelist who's only after your money.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lets get back to Cheri and her stripper pole Hey Cheri you've been holding out girl how bout a video?;)
I don't think it's Cheri holding out.

giphy.gif