Choice in type of pay?

barbara6410

Expert Expediter
I have been given a choice on how I want paid.
40/60 split without fsc
40/60 split with fsc
Or per mile.
Which is the best for me?
And if I receive 100% of the fsc do you make a profit off of the fsc?

2centz

Rookie Expediter
I'm on a 60/40 split w/ 100% fsc. My boss takes 40% off paid amount only. Any bonuses ie dh,d-time, tolls, etc. Are all mine. W/ a 40/60 split u only get 40% of paid amount. Fsc goes to the owner same w/ tolls. U still keep dh & d-time. The owner pays the expenses ie tolls & fuel. Watch this option! Owner tends to have more control. They pay the fuel, so they can control when u go home. I would go 60/40.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm on a 60/40 split w/ 100% fsc. My boss takes 40% off paid amount only. Any bonuses ie dh,d-time, tolls, etc. Are all mine. W/ a 40/60 split u only get 40% of paid amount. Fsc goes to the owner same w/ tolls. U still keep dh & d-time. The owner pays the expenses ie tolls & fuel. Watch this option! Owner tends to have more control. They pay the fuel, so they can control when u go home. I would go 60/40.

No control on when you go home. The home time should be covered in the contract and you should have a contract. As far as pay goes we don't really see a lot of difference.

2centz

Rookie Expediter
I agree. I know people that r on 40/60 split that this is an issue. Definitely need a contract. Their owner gets upset because they go home every wknd ( can't really blame owner) no matter where they r in the country. My rule is one tank. If I'm within a tank of fuel, I might go home.

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
I agree. I know people that r on 40/60 split that this is an issue. Definitely need a contract. Their owner gets upset because they go home every wknd ( can't really blame owner) no matter where they r in the country. My rule is one tank. If I'm within a tank of fuel, I might go home.
one tank? sounds like you are in a small vehicle, cargo van or sprinter?

2centz

Rookie Expediter
Cargo van single. Someone has to do it.:) A tank for me is around 400mi. Do the math & c what makes sense for ur situation. Did straight truck 8 1/2 yrs. For mom & pop outfit. I have a parking spot after 6p at a truck stop. have my license to kill, never used it yet. Keep it just in case NASCAR calls.

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
I have been given a choice on how I want paid.
40/60 split without fsc
40/60 split with fsc
Or per mile.
Which is the best for me?
And if I receive 100% of the fsc do you make a profit off of the fsc?
gee, that's a lot of choices, do the pay per mile, that way you will have a better idea of what your pay is, otherwise, fleetowners and companies never tell you what they really get paid for the load anyway, so per centage info is useless.

2centz

Rookie Expediter
I'm thinking she is talking about driving for a fleet owner. Most companies give flat rate cpm. A few still do percentage.

2centz

Rookie Expediter
Problem is Alot of companies say that. I've never heard anything bad about ur company. I got the info over the qc, then got to the customer. The customer, being new to the company, hands me the quote from the company. It doesn't match! Hmm. Hasn't personally happened in a couple of years. My boss is eventually taking the next step to sprinter. Currently cargo.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Unless that company you are picking up at is a direct customer of your carrier the quote you are seeing is from the broker. Even if it is a direct customer a broker could s be involved handling all the freight. Hence, why the amounts are different !!

2centz

Rookie Expediter
The quote was direct. It was directly from the company I was working for. Like I said, it was a couple of years ago. Now we r flat rate.

2centz

Rookie Expediter
When it all comes down to it, you have to trust the company u work for until that trust is broken. That's why I've been w/ my owner 8+yrs. I have 100% confidence he will take care of me. That's why I take care of him.

Reactions: Casper0418