Thoughts and Ideas on the Forum

DieselDriver

Seasoned Expediter
Please remember that most of us are solo's and don't have the flexibility of having a partner to assist in some tasks, the resources, nor the time. That being said, have at it, we are all ears.

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The more people that post to these forums the better the information.

I have only been in T/T with an OEM sleeper, next to a straight truck with after market sleeper and always as a team.

While most of my ideas will work in a OEM sleeper I do not know how many will work in a van as I have always had a inverter in the T/T and now generators in the straight trucks.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I have a ping pong table top I'm going to modify to fit on e-Track bars.

Moving pads over bars near back doors will keep most missed balls from exiting the box.

Bank shoots off side walls will add to the fun.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I've carried a good jump rope with me on the road for years, and don't use it near enough. I like the site and info you linked to; lots of good advice there to follow. Thanks.

B

brayden

I read this and totally agree with you. You are giving great advice and it is really helpful. Thanks a lot for sharing your thought with us. Keep posting nice information.

Intermodal Shipping Toronto

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
What a great thread. Heather and I are always looking for healthier alternative. Team Caffee, your post are like gold to us. Thank you!

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had to make up my mind and decide it was time to lose 60 pounds. It's hard while on the road but I have a dietician from the VA helping me with better food choices and I'm finally using my gym membership. Plus I walk between 1.5 and 3 miles a day. So far in theist 2 months I've lost 12 pounds and I'm building endurance

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Beachbum that is really awesome and congratulations! I look forward to seeing the new you and going for a walk.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had to make up my mind and decide it was time to lose 60 pounds. It's hard while on the road but I have a dietician from the VA helping me with better food choices and I'm finally using my gym membership. Plus I walk between 1.5 and 3 miles a day. So far in theist 2 months I've lost 12 pounds and I'm building endurance
Congrats. Keep the momentum going.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let's see I now eat Special K, Cherrioes 2% milk no sugar for the ceral.
More water and I drink unsweetened tea (cold or hot) I just add lemon in iced tea. My hot tea is chia spiced or orange spiced.

Snacks are either nuts, bananas, mandarin oranges (cuties brand) apples. I was also told to add celery and baby carrots to snacks.

Meals could be Turkey or chicken breast sliced in the deli 2.5 to 3 cut whole grain bread. Dinner chicken sald with vinaigrette (lite if possible) I also eat chicken breast with stir fry veggies. Salad bar spinich if possible mushrooms onions and bell peppers with a little oil and vinegar. I should add peanut butter sandwiches for lunch also no jelly.

I also eat subway Turkey breast on 9 grain wheat or 9 grain honey oat. Those Sandwiches have no cheese but loaded with veggies and some spicy mustard (no mayo) with salt and pepper extra pepper.

Lots of water during the day.

I walk up to 2 miles a day by a app GPS. I now try and hit the gym 3 days a week also.

These changes have helped me lose 13 pounds in the last 2 months.

Reactions: Greg and SWTexas1

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I should add get a cooler, that helps a lot. Make sure you get one that has a drain hole. Easy to drain that way evey day and fill with a bag of ice.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The 12 volt coolers are reall nice too. No ice. No draining. I've had my current one for about 2 years. I think I paid around $80 for it, but the cost of ice for 2 years would have been a whole lot more. I've been using 12 volt coolers for years, they usually last me about 3-4 years and I usually have mine plugged in and running the whole time that I am on the road.
I have had better luck with the ones that have the fan on top as opposed to being on the side of the unit. Besides, cold air sinks anyway.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cucumber/Mango Salsa Recipe for Salmon

1 cucumber (seedless if you can get it)

1 mango

1 scallion

½ lime( juice of lime)

1 tbsp honey

1 tsp ginger(ground or real piece of ginger,I use ground)

1 tsp olive oil

S&P optional

Chop up ingredients except for lime. Add juice of lime ginger,honey and oil. See what that looks and tastes like and if you want you can add as you go more honey,oil and lime juice and ginger.

EnjoyJ

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I try to do the 55 at least 3 times a week... & I can usually do this in the van while my husband drives (sometimes its more challenging) or while parked at Pfj.
The 55 is start with
10 push ups then do 1 swat, rest 30 sec
9 push ups - 2 swats - rest
8 push ups - 3 swats - rest
keep going until
1 push up - 10 swats and you have done
55 each.!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
SilverSneakers.com

If you are over 65 you may already have a gym membership. Or if you have retired from a company with the sliver sneakers benefit. Check it out for a 13,000 great places to work out or just take a shower.

Silver Sneakers is a program we accept at our gym but not all Anytime Fitness clubs (over 3,300 locations) do. Also note that you don't get your Silver Sneakers card and then walk into a Silver Sneakers gym and expect to use it right away. Each gym you join requires you to sign up in advance and the process is somewhat involved.

Silver Sneakers does not provide automatic gym memberships. It provides the ability for you to join a gym that participates in the program and have Silver Sneakers pay for it.

Anytime Fitness extends its reciprocity benefit (one key, all clubs) to Silver Sneakers members. As with all members, there is a 30 day wait before your key becomes active in all clubs. If you want access to Anytime Fitness clubs via Silver Sneakers, you will have to find one that accepts the program to enroll.