I stayed up all night preparing an escape vehicle.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I guess you could call me "The Fixer" for a local Christian single mom's support group.

I got a call on Saturday. One woman was tired of the abuse from her ex, and she was planning on taking the kids and making a run for it, back to family in Texas. He had come back and seized everything of value. Taken all the keys, bank cards, etc.

The budget for this kind of thing is pretty low, so the best I could come up with was a 2000 Dodge Durango that had been languishing around after I grudgingly accepted it for payment for some work I did. I stayed up all night last night putting two lower ball joints in it, replacing the front tires, doing a tape measure alignment, and ripping the intake manifold off so I could replace the badly blown lower plenum gasket. Replacing the output shaft speed sensor got the CEL to go away and it started shifting correctly again.

Didn't have time to fix the air conditioner or the anti-lock brakes. No state inspection either. Once it crosses state lines, there's no way to enforce it. I drove it around for an hour to test it while on dealer plates before leaving it with my contact. It's like the single mom underground railroad, lol.

I got a text a few min ago, she's just past Greensboro NC. Fingers crossed.

A member of this group was murdered by her estranged boyfriend several years ago. That sent me reeling. So for Memorial Day I'm focused on those we've lost to domestic violence.

Last edited:

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Best a man can ever feel about about himself is just forgetting about himself...
Then of course sharing the deed's with random strangers.
Jesus allegedly did that, wait no never mind.
Sorry it came across that way if it did.
Rules of a good guy
Don't shoplift the pooty.
Don't spray anyone's biz on the net (less of course they are some grandiose azz that lives in Fl.) Just sayin..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
While there's a limit to what any one person can do, we are never better human beings than when helping someone who needs [and appreciates] it. Good job. :woot:

Reactions: mrgoodtude