May 2015

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been trying to stay a head of the frequent storms best I could since leaving Laredo. But can't dodge them all. Got caught in one going through Birmingham AL. Heavy downfall on I-20. I had an oh crap moment when a car was passing me, the car went into a hydroplaning spin, right across my lane, just missing me :eek: With the recent load 1 crash fresh on my mind, can't help but think, why am I doing this again :(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been trying to stay a head of the frequent storms best I could since leaving Laredo. But can't dodge them all. Got caught in one going through Birmingham AL. Heavy downfall on I-20. I had an oh crap moment when a car was passing me, the car went into a hydroplaning spin, right across my lane, just missing me :eek: With the recent load 1 crash fresh on my mind, can't help but think, why am I doing this again :(
Just be careful out there buddy....:)

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I'm sitting here in Beaumont TX waiting for the drop tomorrow.

The van is swaying, wind is picking up and the rain has started. Looking at the Yahoo weather app, I see the big red color cloud over my head.

Here it comes, let see how nasty it will get, lol.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I'm sitting here in Beaumont TX waiting for the drop tomorrow.

The van is swaying, wind is picking up and the rain has started. Looking at the Yahoo weather app, I see the big red color cloud over my head.

Here it comes, let see how nasty it will get, lol.
I was the same way up here just north of Fort Worth! Hold on for the ride!

Reactions: ntimevan and Mailer

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
2 nibbles already.... I expect that here ... The price is the issue out of the DFW area!
Giving it the day but might travel 180 miles north to OKC the better rate would offset the cost of the move somewhat.
If you've never been to the OKC memorial/museum it's definitely worth it.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I talked to the other xpo driver at my delivery in wayne, mi and he said Detroiter was over 2 rows deep when he left so between that and all our vehicles in the area I went back home to dayton yesterday, was number 2 out here and now #1 (altho get told I'm #1 often). My co-driver will be going home for the week by the weekend, but if we don't get out decently today she may go home sooner (I hope I hope, lol) I can probably run team as a solo for a week or more with them thinking I'm a team and maybe get a Lil $...also I am remembering why running team wasn't my favorite thing to do.