Riding a bike

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I carried mine in the Sprinter a couple summers ago. Thought about putting it in again.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
We used to carry them in our ST. We strapped them to the wall in the nose. At the time we worked somewhere where we always had full loads so it became a problem and we couldn't bring them any longer. Now we only carry 1-3 pallets so we've thought about it again.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
We used to carry them in our ST. We strapped them to the wall in the nose. At the time we worked somewhere where we always had full loads so it became a problem and we couldn't bring them any longer. Now we only carry 1-3 pallets so we've thought about it again.

I was wondering if it was as simple as putting them in the front of the box or if there was another method that I wasn't thinking of.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I drove team in a T/T with a guy who kept his strapped to the grille. It was funny when toll collectors would notice it, and he'd say "They shouldda got out of my way!" :eek:
If I kept one, it'd be a foldable, inside the box. The weather isn't kind to them.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I was wondering if it was as simple as putting them in the front of the box or if there was another method that I wasn't thinking of.

Nope, we had nice ones so we would cover them with a moving blanket so they didn't get really scratched and used straps to strap them. Then put a bar between them and any freight. It just started to seem like we got 10 pallets as soon as we got them lol. It was neat to have them though, and if you carry freight that allows the room I suggest it highly.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Anyone really serious could look into folding bikes and put them in side boxes.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A folding bike compared to a good bike for excersize is kind of like a class 6 truck compared to a class 8. For me personally I would never consider a folding buke.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I found riding a bike is much more fun than walking for exercise. We were walking a few miles a day and it just seems to be harder on your joints. My third day riding a bike after almost 20 years and we did a little over 10 miles today. We have a nice trail that runs along a canal and through some wetlands.

Attachments

• 1432620874213.jpg
    1432620874213.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 1432620894878.jpg
    1432620894878.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 20
  • 1432620920484.jpg
    1432620920484.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: xiggi

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A folding bike compared to a good bike for excersize is kind of like a class 6 truck compared to a class 8. For me personally I would never consider a folding buke.

Have you checked any out lately? My brother in law thinks I should get one, so he was kind enough to point some out on the web, and there are some decent looking models these days.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I always am looking at bikes. When I get on one I'm looking to go at least twenty miles then more once I'm in shape. My last bike was a complete carbon frame. I just prefer a bike l Iighter than can be found in a folding bike.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We had folding bikes for awhile and found that we did not use them often when the new wore off. Couple of reasons we bought bikes with small wheels and it seemed liked we petaled a lot and got no where. I also figured out that I had learned to ride in the country and I was not comfortable riding beside moving traffic that was very close to me. We also found it difficult to find places to ride that did not involved riding in the street next to fast moving cars and trucks. We finally sold them.