Do we know who this is?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Such a sad event that happens all too often in our profession. Thoughts and prayers for the deceased and for the other driver as he deals with this.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry for your loss. The drivers at Load 1 are some of the best. I hope my wife never sees this photo. If any good can come from an accident like this, it reminds me to keep a 4 second distance and keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen to me. I have been blessed. Hope everyone else is also.

Reactions: scottm4211

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The driver is named in one of the news reports online. I have met him on the road and enjoyed a nice visit with him. He had a great sense of humor. It will be a sad night for this vanner at the "J".

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
[QUOTE="tumbleweeds, post: 734908, member: 14185"it reminds me to keep a 4 second distance[/QUOTE]

Make that 8 seconds and you might come out ok every time.

Reactions: jujubeans

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It can sometimes be tough to remain 4 or 8 seconds back of you don't realize the vehicle way up in front of you is no longer moving out of moving really slow, as in this case. You're constantly scanning the road and mirrors and you see the vehicle a quarter mile up ahead, you scan some more, then suddenly look up and that vehicle is right in front of you.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You should also remember and always have in the back of your mind that when coming into a work zone 18 wheelers have and will jump out on you even if your in the right driving in the lane that is shutting down. Hell I've seenthem do it when it was 2 miles befor e the lane closure.

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
Please keep the drivers family in your thoughts and prayers. It is a sad day for the Load One family.

John. Wow brother. Im sorry. Our condolences from the J.D. Clark family. Of course it goes without saying if we can be of any service to you, your staff or their family. I didn't hear anything about this we had been wrapped up in our own company accident a day previous to this.

Reactions: Lawrence