Good News from my Company

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
They gone thur there files and found that all those Russian don't have Insurance,they also found all the driver are all got the same address and the companies are with in three blocks of each other.Do you think they have parking for all those trucks. Do you think the Russian Mafia charges dues like the Teamster?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They gone thur there files and found that all those Russian don't have Insurance,they also found all the driver are all got the same address and the companies are with in three blocks of each other.Do you think they have parking for all those trucks. Do you think the Russian Mafia charges dues like the Teamster?
so your carrier back checked trucks signed on and found they had no insurance or not proper insurance? They were terminated I hope?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I understand I think. So many (not all) of these rogue carriers are all based up in the Chicago area in a close proximity. I can say we cut off 6 more carriers this last week alone. It takes time and real digging as the cheaters have really learned how to try and hide behind insurance. It does help when you catch one double brokering your freight and using your own company or your friends company for a cross dock.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Their access to Loads more restricted as we turn the screws tighter .hopefully a lot more carriers will jump on this insurance issue and do more audits and have a closer scrutiny of new partnerships

Reactions: fastman_1

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think more and more are. Tough part is getting the really big carriers and brokers to recognize the issue and quit turning a blind eye to it.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
I think more and more are. Tough part is getting the really big carriers and brokers to recognize the issue and quit turning a blind eye to it.
Good point. This subject should put in print to address issue.I wished there was media report that would like to look into this matter.We know its a problem maybe some of the big companies,were ask to make a comment,even see this in print ( Company Hire Carrier to Haul Freight without Proper Insurance Coverage for Cheaper Rates.) American drivers are going broke because they can't compete because they carry required Insurance. I listen to late Talk Radio Show out of Chicago they discussing our boarders, and the worker coming here and taking jobs that Americans would love to have.The people who are to enforce our laws let this happen they claims they take jobs American don't want to do,(so that makes it okay).One caller said unemployment rate in Chicago was 59 % for black men( sound really high to me),however Fedx was hiring these workers for local truck driving jobs. Every dock I go onto they are there working away loading and unloading.I go to load they there we there old yellow rental truck,that old moving van,that old passage van,once I saw 5 men get out of one old Freightliner (OJT).This is where we at, now where are we going.God Bless America we need it.....

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think making it an immigration issue is the wrong tact. My guess is there are plenty of home grown Americans that are skirting the rules. Lets work on getting everyone in compliance, and dropping those who don't.
A wide variety...yes.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
I think making it an immigration issue is the wrong tact. My guess is there are plenty of home grown Americans that are skirting the rules. Lets work on getting everyone in compliance, and dropping those who don't.
That seem to be the way our government feels the same way you do about.I drive by the big Boarder Partrol station on 35, I see new station with 100 new trucks seating there.I see them seating on the side of the road burning gas.Never see them with a truck load people( seen them on tv).If they want to find them I'll sent them to my home town we have thousand.They work on the Interstate cutting grass tax payer funds. Immigration is an issue,lets you and me go to there country and see how long they lock us up for! I can put up with some home grown running without Insurance,he just one.We are talking about everyone ability to get freight and make a living.They are the reason the price per mile is down.Wake up and smell the coffee.Any tact is better than no tact.