Canada Any Canadian Fedex CC drivers here?

fdxcourier

Rookie Expediter
Hey guys, new here. Been with Fedex Express for less than 5 years as a courier.

I'm planning on getting my class1 soon, will be gaining some experience with fedex Express for a few years before jumping to Fdx cc as owner operator. Lot can change in that period of time let's say 5 years but want to know of any CC on the board? What is your experience like thus far with this company? Pay and loads are good? Do you get home quite often?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I've been curious the other way.
How good is it working at Express? Hours/Money/Benefits.

At CC you'll be an IC. No benefits at all. Similar to be paid cash, but it's reported and you'll pay all liabilities. Taxes,insurances,etc. No paid vacations or holidays.
If that works for you, there are upsides to being an IC.
I'm in the US. I have no info about Canada. Other than they aren't as good in Hockey as they were when I watched a lot in the 60's.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Hey guys, new here. Been with Fedex Express for less than 5 years as a courier.

I'm planning on getting my class1 soon, will be gaining some experience with fedex Express for a few years before jumping to Fdx cc as owner operator. Lot can change in that period of time let's say 5 years but want to know of any CC on the board? What is your experience like thus far with this company? Pay and loads are good? Do you get home quite often?

I don't know for certain but,I think you might do better with Thompson Emergency Services,being based in Canada.
Thompson Emergency Freight Systems - Homepage

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Delivered to Toronto about 4 weeks ago and needed to get home after delivery. I got about 3 load offers from the GTA going various places at a good rate. My guess is that many Expediters stay away from Canada because of border hassle perceptions. I think those that serve this area can do well and stay busy.

fdxcourier

Rookie Expediter
I've been curious the other way.
How good is it working at Express? Hours/Money/Benefits.

At CC you'll be an IC. No benefits at all. Similar to be paid cash, but it's reported and you'll pay all liabilities. Taxes,insurances,etc. No paid vacations or holidays.
If that works for you, there are upsides to being an IC.
I'm in the US. I have no info about Canada. Other than they aren't as good in Hockey as they were when I watched a lot in the 60's.

I've heard some horror stories from the US side of express but here on Canadian side it's good vs other big names. No more full time in the cities unless you move to northern / new fedex areas or get lucky. Only hiring part time and the hours are bad, lucky to get 30-35/week. One of the better companies in Canada when it comes to benefits in this industry. Holiday, vacation, sick pay, health dental vision covered 50-100%, pension rrsp/tfsa option and some discounts/perks from major brands and airlines (no more fuel discounts!) etc. Other than that, it's just like any other big carrier, where orders come down from management and local management shoots on sight.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered to Toronto about 4 weeks ago and needed to get home after delivery. I got about 3 load offers from the GTA going various places at a good rate. My guess is that many Expediters stay away from Canada because of border hassle perceptions. I think those that serve this area can do well and stay busy.

Just remember that Canadian drivers need to get back to Canada after delivering in the US. That can be a problem depending on where you drop.