LOOKING FOR A GOOD ENGINE REBUILDER or INSTALLER; CAT C9

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
I'm thinking it's time to rebuild my C9. Looking for any good experiences with this or even someone who can install a reman long block and do a good job and effecient. I remember reading about a shop somewhere in Florida?? that did rebuilds on 3126's but can't find the thread now. Anyone advice appreciated.

Should add doesn't matter where, i'll load up my CB750 and make an adventure out of it, thanx

Last edited:

Picklett

Seasoned Expediter
We had Stowers Cat in Crossville, TN. rebuild our C9 in 2013. Couldn't ask for better service. Engine is better than new. Ask for Ray @ (931) 456-6543. Tell him Danny Rhodes recommended them.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We have a C9 in one of ours that was rebuilt by Mustang Cat in Houston. we didnt have the job done but have had no issues and they seem to have done all the rite stuff. Complete Platinum rebuild with 4 year warranty was right around 20k.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
On the home page it cuts off a lot of thread titles. This one, at least on my system, says "Looking for a good engine". I was going to suggest swapping over to a Cummins. Good luck on your Cat project. If you decide on Houston let me know and I can suggest a few places to check out and a few to be sure to go to eat. Good luck with it. Yeah, I know, that's twice but anyone unfortunate to deal with a Cat engine needs extra.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
On the home page it cuts off a lot of thread titles. This one, at least on my system, says "Looking for a good engine".

Funny LDB. I do now where you stand on Caterpillars and can't say that I blame u. I would probably be better off throwing a used motor in 'er rather then rely on Cat warranty for real. Never been a fan of manufacturer warranty, especially 'extended' we will fight you every way possible not to pay for your repair warranty.

Cary Walpole

New Recruit
I am thinking about buying a freight liner with a sport chassis, it is a 2000, amd has a CAT 3126 with 87,000 miles. I have no experience, I a, pulling a horse trailer, 20, 000 lbs

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Doug at Virginia Diesel in Lynchburg is a C7 / 3126 master. He does cylinder sleeving using the toughest sleeves on the market, and uses US made internal parts that are better than OEM CAT, solving all of the weak points on these engines. He also owns the torque plate needed to properly hone the new sleeves.

Reactions: scottm4211