Can I use my Class B RV as an expediter?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Vicapell: what you're considering is more in the way of courier work - expediting rarely involves envelopes or small packages, it's generally freight, on pallets.
As most courier places are local, I don't see how you could do it while roaming the country.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Why, thank you, Steve.
Bryan & I used to joke about towing our cargo vans behind an RV - parking it at a truckstop or RV park, taking the van to pickup the load, then hooking it up & towing it to the delivery, where we'd repeat the process.
That's the only way I figure you could use an RV to expedite, lol. :D

Reactions: robh2

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Ive got several pics of the coolest motor home you have ever seen,it could be used as a B unit maybe.Wish I could figur out how to post it on here.Its from the internet,and I'm just to dunb to hack it on here

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
Somone rents an RV that is called a fun mover. There is a space in the very back that people put motorcycles and such in. I did see one leased on to Landstar for a short time. The thing had enough room in it to haul one pallet, but the max cargo weight was only 900#.

Can you just see the face of a guard at a nuke plant when something like that would try and pull in and say, "I have this delivery for".

Last edited:

gotto_03801

Seasoned Expediter
Why, thank you, Steve.
Bryan & I used to joke about towing our cargo vans behind an RV - parking it at a truckstop or RV park, taking the van to pickup the load, then hooking it up & towing it to the delivery, where we'd repeat the process.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD LMAO!!!:D I thought of doing the same thing since I have a road trek e trek!! people talk about having as many creature comforts of home and that seems like a perfect solution!! though I agree with late4dinner about some of the looks on the gaurds faces:p:D:rolleyes:.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Why, thank you, Steve.

Cheri (or anyone else) That opens up a question I've been meaning to ask: Does anyone use their Tow Hitch to mount a 24 X 36 "carrier" to keep generator, fuel, etc., out of the van? Easily removed for loading/unloading but convenient while going from a to b??

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cheri (or anyone else) That opens up a question I've been meaning to ask: Does anyone use their Tow Hitch to mount a 24 X 36 "carrier" to keep generator, fuel, etc., out of the van? Easily removed for loading/unloading but convenient while going from a to b??
I've seen it. Be out here long enough you'll see it all!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very common, some on the front some on the back. I don't think you want one you actually have to remove. Front ones are stationary, some back ones have swing arms such as the one I use. Some people mount a box with a gen on the rear door.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They have those hitches/carriers mounted to the front of vans. Mount the generator on it, it's out of the way for loading/unloading.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Very common, some on the front some on the back. I don't think you want one you actually have to remove. Front ones are stationary, some back ones have swing arms such as the one I use. Some people mount a box with a gen on the rear door.

X-Man If you could, how about a picture, or anyone else too. Looking for the best way to keep Gas & Generator OUT of the van. Do your carriers give you any grief about mounting stuff outside the unit?? Or, I should ask, after sign on & orientation do you ever see your carriers again?

gotto_03801

Seasoned Expediter
Not sure about that unit but I have a powertech generator in one of my trucks. It's a good workhorse.
i'm curious to how much it costs after install and everything I think the unit is over 6 grand. not sure if that's installed or not though. to me it's kinda steep for a 3000 watt genset