Retired Expediter
My new......:"shorts"

11009145_870280889716071_7721947607670730004_n.jpg
That is just sick!

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Had an "OH Crap" moment yesterday....

60 miles out from delivery in BFE Montana....phone says "No Service".....climbing a steep incline van goes into OD for the climb, about 30 secs into that..BAM....van just shuts down and every light on the dash board lights up...I coast over to the side....yep...engine was off......then there is that split second just before you try to turn the key all them terrible thoughts go thru your head....turn the key off,,,,,then turn it on....Vrrrrooom it starts up and off I go....:)
What happened? I have no clue...its a Sprinter they do things...LOL

The computer will shut the engine down to prevent damage if the rail pressure goes too low, mine did that a few times when I didn't replace the fuel filter before it clogged.

But you did replace that recently right?

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That was my first thought, too, a marginal fuel filter that should be changed.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The computer will shut the engine down to prevent damage if the rail pressure goes too low, mine did that a few times when I didn't replace the fuel filter before it clogged.

But you did replace that recently right?
Yes it was just changed this week!
And the turbo air filter 10,000 miles ago

mikedrives191

Rookie Expediter
Had an "OH Crap" moment yesterday....

60 miles out from delivery in BFE Montana....phone says "No Service".....climbing a steep incline van goes into OD for the climb, about 30 secs into that..BAM....van just shuts down and every light on the dash board lights up...I coast over to the side....yep...engine was off......then there is that split second just before you try to turn the key all them terrible thoughts go thru your head....turn the key off,,,,,then turn it on....Vrrrrooom it starts up and off I go....:)
What happened? I have no clue...its a Sprinter they do things...LOL

I had that problem before where my van would lose power and shut down on inclines. It mostly happened on hot days. It was due to a faulty oxygen sensor that was not functioning properly. It was not providing the right mixture of fuel for the van to stay running. I'm not sure if that is what's going on with your van, but I would have someone plug a computer into the thing and check the output on your oxygen sensors.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had that problem before where my van would lose power and shut down on inclines. It mostly happened on hot days. It was due to a faulty oxygen sensor that was not functioning properly. It was not providing the right mixture of fuel for the van to stay running. I'm not sure if that is what's going on with your van, but I would have someone plug a computer into the thing and check the output on your oxygen sensors.
Thanks.... That sounds more feasible! :)

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Do not discount the possibility of the fuel filter to be clogged, even though it was changed recently. All it takes is a bad batch of fuel to clog it up. Have a filter with you and replace it if it does it again.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do not discount the possibility of the fuel filter to be clogged, even though it was changed recently. All it takes is a bad batch of fuel to clog it up. Have a filter with you and replace it if it does it again.
I am kind of leery about forcing it into overdrive on purpose to see IF it would do it again...being so far from any help right now....the 290 miles home I made sure I worked the pedal on hills NOT to go into O/D...and it drove great.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning gang...A grey overcast day here in northwest SD...after a 4/10ths of an inch soaking yesterday I have to wait a few days to till the garden...guess I'll do the oil change on the "beast".....

MaxineMondays.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan