April "Rabbit rabbit rabbit"

mikedrives191

Rookie Expediter
Perhaps that driver took the load so cheap because he thinks certain highways pay a certain rate. He will be driving the I-69 to the I-70 lol. If you get a load going on the I-35, you better look out. That is why loads come out of Texas for 35 cents per mile. They're trying to match the highways. I wish they would match the speed limits! Then you can average 75 cents per mile if you run out west. lol.

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
Sitting at J in Blackburg, SC until next pick up Sunday at 16:00. First Sunday load since I started :). Great TV signal here. I get to watch hockey playoffs all day.
While I'm rambling, stone hit windshield last night. I'm sure Transit windshields are cheap to replace :(ImageUploadedByEO Forums1429400363.612468.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you know I can see some 30ish type guy...his unemployment insurance just ran out....he has 2 young kids at home to feed and wife to pay the bills....and he finds a driving job...all he has to do is drive 1600 miles and he makes a whooping $1200....that is like $600 a day just for driving a silly CV....he thinks he's found gold and his wife is overjoyed to put food on the table again..and keep the roof over their head!! ...this guy cares not about the industry is just passing thru....this guy has absolutely no invested interest in this business....all he knows is he is doing his J.O.B. and providing for his family..... I mean a whooping $600 a day!! WoW....BIG money....

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
you know I can see some 30ish type guy...his unemployment insurance just ran out....he has 2 young kids at home to feed and wife to pay the bills....and he finds a driving job...all he has to do is drive 1600 miles and he makes a whooping $1200....that is like $600 a day just for driving a silly CV....he thinks he's found gold and his wife is overjoyed to put food on the table again..and keep the roof over their head!! ...this guy cares not about the industry is just passing thru....this guy has absolut
ely no invested interest in this business....all he knows is he is doing his J.O.B. and providing for his family..... I mean a whooping $600 a day!! WoW....BIG money....

Lol, my thoughts..

That would be the Rookie Expediter, he's would be gone in about a year, no attachment to the road. He makes quick exist as soon as the opportunity at home arises. He's lucky:)

Then you get this Seasoned Expediter who doubles the above amount. He's started to feel comfortable on the road, somewhat adapted to the lifestyle. He now knows how to keep himself afloat and profitable. He still has the desire to leave the biz and return home if there's a job that pay the same or better. But, he's losing the old skills and his chance to get back home looks dimmer. He's trapped.

And finally, the Expert Expediter, he may triple the above amount. He's still dreaming of getting back home. But he lost all the old skills, he's too old and no employers want him. He's got use to the freedom, being independent and able to call his own shots. For him, there's no turning back, he lives the road. He's totally screwed, lol.

Last edited:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Woke up to a beautiful morning here in Va Beach, sunshine, birds chirping and Kaiser barking his fool head off at the other dogs. Time to get on the bike and face the pollen head on!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Got a wonderful 8 tenths of an inch of rain here yesterday and it looks so green out now...amazing how that works!

Erick Evans

New Recruit
you know I can see some 30ish type guy...his unemployment insurance just ran out....he has 2 young kids at home to feed and wife to pay the bills....and he finds a driving job...all he has to do is drive 1600 miles and he makes a whooping $1200....that is like $600 a day just for driving a silly CV....he thinks he's found gold and his wife is overjoyed to put food on the table again..and keep the roof over their head!! ...this guy cares not about the industry is just passing thru....this guy has absolutely no invested interest in this business....all he knows is he is doing his J.O.B. and providing for his family..... I mean a whooping $600 a day!! WoW....BIG money....

I'm not a sprinter driver but if it works out for him, that's his business. I know people in this industry are running for low rates, but that's in every sector tractor trailer, straight truck, and vans. We can all scream SAY NO TO CHEAP FREIGHT problem is not every person in this business will understand why not too, or not every person will care. Having your throat cut has become business in America and its not just in the trucking business. It sucks because this is the sole way some drivers eat, but just because someone else is messing up the rates running their business there is not much to be done. Just gotta keep trucking and find ways to be competitive, if the guy running for cheap business goes belly up that is his problem. I know I'm going to do my best to keep my rates competitive enough so that I can keep doing my business and making a living.

If my throat gets cut and I go under that means I had a bad hand at the table, now it's up to me to figure out if I wanna play again or cash in my chips and go home.

Reactions: artie and ntimevan

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
Don't forget the burnt out corporate guy, now an expediter that had a successful sales career but is also an entrepreneur and can't stand working for the man in corporate America. Loves his freedom, family and seeing this great country. Has a mortgage and a beautiful daughter that keep the fire in his belly lite. In his mid 40's stepping away from $100k income because there is more to life than money. Loving what you do makes a huge difference. I learned about this business while in automotive 22 years ago...just never participated until 6 months ago. #forward