One down, too many to go.

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A full on Breitbart investigation [floor plans of Reid's bathroom!] based on what the article admits are "speculations based on the gruesome nature of the injuries" is just about as desperate as it gets, seriously.
Rather amusing that such influential people have nothing better to do, lol. :D
Doing the job, the mainstream media should be doing. A U.S. Senator has a bizarre story, that he changes the details of four times. He sustains severe enough injuries that he has to go to the hospital. His brother shows up at an AA meeting the same night with blood on his shirt and a swollen left hand. Harry's brother Larry busted him up plain and simple. But some would still believe his cockamamie story about an elastic band breaking and hurtling him with such force that he broke his face and busted up his ribs. Their is a story there if the media would just do their job. But they won't. And that is why Brietbart flourishes.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I didn't think the story was 'bizarre', but then I've used those bands, too, lol.
Anyway, what if his brother socked him? You can see that he'd be embarrassed, or possibly not want to cause trouble for his brother [in public], and it doesn't involve the public, so who gives a flying fig?
People looking for nits to pick, that's who. The media's job is to expose deception when it matters, not when it's none of our business. IMO, a person wanting to keep their family feuds private is entitled to privacy, even if they are a public figure.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If one of George Bush and Jeb Bush had knocked the snot out of the other it would have been lead story for a few days and follow up story for another week or more. You may not choose to acknowledge that but you know good and well if it were brothers on the very conservative end of the spectrum the story would be very different.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If one of George Bush and Jeb Bush had knocked the snot out of the other it would have been lead story for a few days and follow up story for another week or more. You may not choose to acknowledge that but you know good and well if it were brothers on the very conservative end of the spectrum the story would be very different.

I know no such thing. How much publicity was given to George's daughters' escapades with illegal drinking? Or Noelle Bush's little drug problem? Barely a mention, and only bc it was on the public record - otherwise, we'd have not heard a squeak, and that's how it should be. Every last detail about their lives & families is really not our business.
When there's a fuss over things that really don't matter, the things that do matter [to the citizens] get overlooked. Complain about every tiny detail of Harry Reid's life, and you get no credence when your complaints are legit public concerns.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know no such thing. How much publicity was given to George's daughters' escapades with illegal drinking? Or Noelle Bush's little drug problem? Barely a mention, and only bc it was on the public record - otherwise, we'd have not heard a squeak, and that's how it should be. Every last detail about their lives & families is really not our business.
When there's a fuss over things that really don't matter, the things that do matter [to the citizens] get overlooked. Complain about every tiny detail of Harry Reid's life, and you get no credence when your complaints are legit public concerns.

There is a double standard in the media. If it were a republican senator, he would be hounded by them and every stone unturned to find out what happened,to catch them in a lie. Regarding Harry Reid, he's a proven liar so catching him a lie isn't really surprising. As for Noelle Bush, I checked out this story. It looks like the press thought this was a big, really big story back then.
Here is an article which illustrates that:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There is a double standard in the media. If it were a republican senator, he would be hounded by them and every stone unturned to find out what happened,to catch them in a lie. Regarding Harry Reid, he's a proven liar so catching him a lie isn't really surprising. As for Noelle Bush, I checked out this story. It looks like the press thought this was a big, really big story back then.
Here is an article which illustrates that:

Yep there's a double standard: conservative sites, and liberal sites. That you believe "if it were a Republican" it would be different doesn't make it so. [It's called a perception bias]
Regarding Reid, I found no mention anywhere of a brother showing up w a bloody shirt - all I found was on the right wing sites, where "sources close to" are all the authority they offer before going off speculating. One was particularly loathesome, showing photos of resistance bands [as if there's just one kind] and Reid's glass door shower to 'prove' Reid couldn't have been using them in his bathroom.
It is just the kind of desperate mud slinging that makes those who engage look pathetic.
And as for the article on Noelle Bush: the Daily Mail, lol. All the trashy gossip the Brits can stand, which is a lot more than I can. At the time it happened, it was not a huge splash, although it could have been, her father being Governor, having ties to the judge who gave her a light sentence, the repeated offenses on her part. And I haven't seen a single word in the coverage on Jeb now that mentions her - but he's a Republican! And they're not hounding him, are they? The only reason it is a story is the Fla open records law, which means the muckrakers have free rein to go through his emails, and they did. In England. :rolleyes:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep there's a double standard: conservative sites, and liberal sites. That you believe "if it were a Republican" it would be different doesn't make it so. [It's called a perception bias]
Regarding Reid, I found no mention anywhere of a brother showing up w a bloody shirt - all I found was on the right wing sites, where "sources close to" are all the authority they offer before going off speculating. One was particularly loathesome, showing photos of resistance bands [as if there's just one kind] and Reid's glass door shower to 'prove' Reid couldn't have been using them in his bathroom.
It is just the kind of desperate mud slinging that makes those who engage look pathetic.
There hasn't been any investigation from the MSM about what really happened to him. They don't want to investigate. That is my point. If they think it is a personal matter, then fine, but use the same standard with other politicians, particularly republicans.
Here is where it mentions that he had blood on himself. His midsection, presumedly his shirt.
Some time between 10:00 and 11:30 p.m., a man entered the meeting. His appearance was striking: there was blood on his clothing, beginning around his midsection. His left hand was swollen. He appeared to be somewhat intoxicated and was visibly agitated. He introduced himself as “Larry.”

In a group discussion that was heard by a number of people, Larry said that he had just had a fight with a family member. Larry said he had been at a family get-together, and he didn’t remember much about the fight because he had blacked out. When he came to, he was rolling on the ground, fighting with a family member, and his clothes were bloody. Now, he said, he was frightened that the Secret Service would come after him.

This last reference was not taken seriously by the group, although it was obvious that Larry had indeed been in a fight. Larry stayed for the rest of the meeting, and for a while afterward. There is a front room where coffee is served, and he remained there for a while. At some point during that time, he asked whether anyone could give him a ride to Searchlight.

Larry’s appearance at the AA meeting was memorable, as references to fighting, bloody clothes and so on are extraordinary in that group.

Easton Elliott didn’t think much more about Larry until, several weeks later, he saw a newspaper story about Larry Reid, Harry Reid’s brother, being arrested for DUI and assaulting a highway patrolman. The story was accompanied by a photograph, and Elliott immediately recognized Larry Reid as the “Larry” who had attended the AA meeting on New Year’s Eve. Putting that fact together with news stories about Harry Reid being admitted to a hospital on New Year’s Day, and with Larry’s references to the Secret Service, he concluded that the family member with whom Larry fought was Harry Reid. He also knew that Harry Reid’s home is within a short distance of the location of the AA meeting.

Subsequent to the news story about Larry Reid’s arrest, Elliott discussed with several others who had been present on New Year’s Eve his belief that “Larry” had been Larry Reid. They, too, recognized Larry from the newspaper photograph. One of those who had been present at the AA meeting called Las Vegas’s Channel 8 to tell them about Larry Reid’s account of fighting with a family member, but that person said that whoever he spoke with at the television station told him they were not interested.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And as for the article on Noelle Bush: the Daily Mail, lol. All the trashy gossip the Brits can stand, which is a lot more than I can. At the time it happened, it was not a huge splash, although it could have been, her father being Governor, having ties to the judge who gave her a light sentence, the repeated offenses on her part. And I haven't seen a single word in the coverage on Jeb now that mentions her - but he's a Republican! And they're not hounding him, are they? The only reason it is a story is the Fla open records law, which means the muckrakers have free rein to go through his emails, and they did. In England. :rolleyes:

You only know about the potential ties with the judge because the media investigated and reported on it. You don't know what special favors Reid potentially received because no one from the MSM investigated it . There were stories by the press at the time it happened about Noelle Bush. There have also been stories within the past year mentioning his daughter. Given that Jeb Bush has been out of public office for a great while, it hasn't been a huge splash since, but there have been stories recently. Expect more once he announces that he his running for President. If the media wants to report on it, fine. Just have the same standard with other politicians family members, instead of sweeping it under the rug because they are a democrat.