Removing DEF system?

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
Has anyone or can you remove DEF system from vehicle? I know it probably would void warranty but no hassle anymore either. I know a guy who removed it from his Chevy 4x4 after multiple times in shop and now is worry free.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
what vehicle are you wanting to do it on. It's not just removing the system it involves a computer reprogram.

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
I was just wondering how big a deal it is. I bought the 2014 Promaster diesel and had major problems with def and I now have gas PM. Could I have had def system removed from my diesel PM and would it still run ok.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From what I've heard and read, some engines respond well to it and others not so much. In the big truck world, there are people that did it and then when they went to a dealership with it were told they wouldn't get the truck back until it was returned to factory specs. Big bucks... You may want to seek out forums for the Promaster to see if it can be done to yours.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was just wondering how big a deal it is. I bought the 2014 Promaster diesel and had major problems with def and I now have gas PM. Could I have had def system removed from my diesel PM and would it still run ok.
I've heard of sprinters and a few dura max guys have done it, with no problems, as for the PM, I think it's to new yet for anybody to get brave enough to experiment with.

Reactions: xiggi

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If it's something a person has done your not going to be able to trade the vehicle in at a dealer. Also like hs alluded to you better watch were it is serviced. Another thing is a mechanic does an update on your cpu and you have new issues

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
I don't have my diesel PM now and I really like the gas version I have now. All potential issues mentioned would not be worth it to me.

Boss man 54

New Recruit
Yes, it still has all components they def tank stays full and I am no longer having regin issues. When it is hooked up to a computer it looks factory set. I had warranty work done after I had deleted.

Reactions: scottm4211