How much is thing worth?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I just work on trucks. I don't drive them, buy them, or sell them.

There's an International 4100 in my driveway right now. 25' box, liftgate, roll up door.
Allison, T444E, and we're just gonna use 350k for mileage since no one actually knows.

Assuming no glaring mechanical faults, a good DOT inspection, and it's all a single color, what's the theoretical range of worthiness here?

mugurpe

Seasoned Expediter
It's not got the dt466 which is the motor one would want in that truck, but I believe 2002 is the first year of the chrome bumper so it might look newer than it is, which is a good thing at that price point. If it's a decent runner I'd see it going for $5000-$9,000 depending on the details, and buying that truck would be about the details. With a long list if little things wrong I'd say figure the base price at $2K-$3K and then add value based on how new the brakes and tires are. If you have all new brakes and tires (brakes $3K/axle, tires 6@$250) then the price would be almost $10K, if those are totally shot, the price would be $2K-$3K.

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
5 grand on a good day ... Small market for a 15 year old truck that's basically not useful for anything other than local PU&D

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I had typed 4100 earlier, but I'm blind. It's an International 4700.

I shoved it out of my way with an excavator today. It's begun the slow transformation into yard art.

Reactions: paullud