Carrier has my back?

kastmgmt

Not a Member
all company dispatchers do this.

it makes you a company driver when they want you to take a load, but when you take it, and get stuck out in limbo somewhere, and can not get a load out of it, then you are a red headed step child independent contractor / owner operator / driver. (lol).

I'd rather work for a major truck load and deal with forced dispatch instead of making a huge investment in a truck and still be forced dispatch in expedite. Get paid to move freight, don't pay to move it.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I understand and agree with Phil's post. We have to run our own business and be accountable for our actions but I am proud to say that with all that put aside " my carrier has my back '" NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, all I have to do is ask and they come through !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: ntimevan

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Carrier has my back does not mean giving me money to pay a medical bill or pay for a tow.

It means that the carrier will fight for detention pay and other compensation that unexpectedly happens. It means the carrier will go above and beyond to get me out of tough areas. It means if I say no to a load they're trying to get me something better right away.

In other words they do their job with no games. They do the things that make my life stress free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paullud

Veteran Expediter
In other words they do their job with no games. They do the things that make my life stress free.

That's most that I would expect from a carrier. Once you start getting into a situation where they are loaning you money or going beyond that it really starts to blur the lines and can cause problems. That's a bigger problem for smaller carriers because the business relationship can turn into more of a friendship and people can get hurt over perceived slights or a likely carrier change for the driver. I want a business relationship and not a friendship with my carrier. It doesn't mean that there isn't friendly small chat but there has to be a line.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's most that I would expect from a carrier. Once you start getting into a situation where they are loaning you money or going beyond that it really starts to blur the lines and can cause problems. That's a bigger problem for smaller carriers because the business relationship can turn into more of a friendship and people can get hurt over perceived slights or a likely carrier change for the driver. I want a business relationship and not a friendship with my carrier. It doesn't mean that there isn't friendly small chat but there has to be a line.
Exactly...

Paul....I've had that problem as well....getting too friendly! you do things that as a business one should not do...favours..unprofitable ones at that...

I mean the offer is nice and all...BUT no thanks I'll handle it myself....:)

Last edited: