Rooftop AC installation into 06 Sprinter, Any RV centers that can do it Inexpensively

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: Rooftop AC installation into 06 Sprinter, Any RV centers that can do it Inexpensi

Thanks Xiggi, im getting ready to buy a front bumper guard, maxxfan, and coleman polar cub 13500 but and have it on the van. Will have to wait until next year for the Honda Gen 3000 watt. Im already looking at the espar heater. Which one will I need to get?

If you don't mind a high profile unit you can get the Coleman power saver 13500 I think its the Mach two make sure its the power saver. It will run off a 2000 watt Gen. I'm running the 12500 full blast when needed on the Honda 2000 in economy mode. I know someone doing the 13500 the same way. But with the 3000 you could also run more extras at the same time.

A lot of people prefer the d4 I am insulated pretty well and am happy with the d2. On the coldest nights I curtain behind the bunk to heat a smaller area. I have the extended sprinter.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Last edited:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Re: Rooftop AC installation into 06 Sprinter, Any RV centers that can do it Inexpensi

If you don't mind a high profile unit you can get the Coleman power saver 13500 I think its the Mach two make sure its the power saver. It will run off a 2000 watt Gen. I'm running the 12500 full blast when needed on the Honda 2000 in economy mode. I know someone doing the 13500 the same way. But with the 3000 you could also run more extras at the same time.

A lot of people prefer the d4 I am insulated pretty well and am happy with the d2. On the coldest nights I curtain behind the bunk to heat a smaller area. I have the extended sprinter.

Im going with the polar cub low profile, It just looks better. I thought you bought a Yamaha gen. I like the Honda 3000 cause im old fashion, always have more than enough just in case. Im somewhat insulated and maybe going with the d4 and thinking about finding insulated blankets to put behind and in front of the bed. My bed is moveable. Ive seen your pic of your sprinter and im the same, 170ext.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Im going with the polar cub low profile, It just looks better. I thought you bought a Yamaha gen. I like the Honda 3000 cause im old fashion, always have more than enough just in case. Im somewhat insulated and maybe going with the d4 and thinking about finding insulated blankets to put behind and in front of the bed. My bed is moveable. Ive seen your pic of your sprinter and im the same, 170ext.

I bought a ryobi 2200 really liked the performance i had two go bad. Have the Honda now.

Johnp3337

Rookie Expediter

I bought a ryobi 2200 really liked the performance i had two go bad. Have the Honda now.

How long did your ryobi last? I have 2 of the 2200's running on a parallel with one if my sprinters. On my sprinter in have the Honda 3000

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

I was @ the Honda toy store the other day...they now have the eu2000i companion ..its the same except it has a 30amp outlet for roof air..$100 more ..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I was @ the Honda toy store the other day...they now have the eu2000i companion ..its the same except it has a 30amp outlet for roof air..$100 more ..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

I saw that.

TonyD

Active Expediter

Can't go wrong with Honda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using EO Forums mobile app