New ExpeditersOnline.com website to rollout....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
sorry guys I did that.....and my I am still getting them.....every time the wife and I send back and forth

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
sorry guys I did that.....and my I am still getting them.....every time the wife and I send back and forth

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies

Maybe you Read up......:p

Attachments

• 1427470082805.jpg
    1427470082805.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just got another email notification....

I clicked on the link there at the bottom ...on my iphone that is

and it brought me to a page....Forums/Account

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I've done that still won't work

Is your device Android or IOS?

If it's an Apple device - we expect them to have our update available in the App store this coming Tuesday 3/31.

They are so painfully slow with updates.

Android on the other hand had our update out within the same day.

Reactions: cheri1122

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is your device Android or IOS?

If it's an Apple device - we expect them to have our update available in the App store this coming Tuesday 3/31.

They are so painfully slow with updates.

Android on the other hand had our update out within the same day.
IOS guess I'll just have to wait till the 31st... Which bites by the way!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How do I send a PM?
I've looked for the send pm link, but can't find it. Help please.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How do I send a PM?
I've looked for the send pm link, but can't find it. Help please.

We no longer have PMs, or Private Messages. They're called "Conversations." Because that's not confusing at all. o_O

A couple of ways to do them. One is to hover the mouse over the Inbox link in the upper right corner and when the box pops up select "Start a New Conversation."

The other is to click on the name or avatar of someone you want to start a conversation with and in the popup box select "Start a Conversation."

Reactions: Lawrence

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We no longer have PMs, or Private Messages. They're called "Conversations." Because that's not confusing at all. o_O

A couple of ways to do them. One is to hover the mouse over the Inbox link in the upper right corner and when the box pops up select "Start a New Conversation."

The other is to click on the name or avatar of someone you want to start a conversation with and in the popup box select "Start a Conversation."
Thanks

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Leaving the word 'private' off the conversations tag was not a good idea. It's confusing, causing people [like me!] to wonder if what they want to keep private is about to be posted instead.
Clarifying it now, works for those of us reading this, but anyone who misses it, [like everyone who comes to the site later] will also be confused.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
There's lot's of little changes, for example if you want to upload a photo - you don't use the "photo" link, you use the attachment link. :cat:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is practically nothing in the preferences option, unlike the old system. How can you choose default colors? I think it's someone choosing to alter the color of part of their response that makes the text an unreadable light blue on unattractive green background. Is there a way to choose a different theme that has less ugly colors?

It would be nice if the buttons for various things like 'new posts', 'mark forums read' etc. were in the same order as the old system. It would be nice if the date/time posted were in the same place.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Small item. A lot of the Avatars for the users are blurry. Do we need to reload them or is that just the way it is?

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
Small item. A lot of the Avatars for the users are blurry. Do we need to reload them or is that just the way it is?
On our old forum, the avatars were lower resolution so they are blurry now. A reupload should do the trick.

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
Leaving the word 'private' off the conversations tag was not a good idea. It's confusing, causing people [like me!] to wonder if what they want to keep private is about to be posted instead.
Clarifying it now, works for those of us reading this, but anyone who misses it, [like everyone who comes to the site later] will also be confused.
I agree with you, but our forum was getting so old that we had to update it, and unfortunately we don't have a way to change it to Private Messages – it's just how it is on the new forum. We agree it's more confusing, but we didn't have a choice. Sorry about that!

JoshM

Administrator
Staff member
There is practically nothing in the preferences option, unlike the old system. How can you choose default colors? I think it's someone choosing to alter the color of part of their response that makes the text an unreadable light blue on unattractive green background. Is there a way to choose a different theme that has less ugly colors?

It would be nice if the buttons for various things like 'new posts', 'mark forums read' etc. were in the same order as the old system. It would be nice if the date/time posted were in the same place.
We are still in the process of making a lot of changes here in the forums, and there will be a lot more coming in the near future. We know there are quite a few graphic/color and functionality glitches still and we are working to fix those. Themes are not planned at this time but stay tuned with our updates.

Many features people think have disappeared have just moved – for example, next to the page numbers you will find "Go to First Unread", which I believe is what you were looking for in "New Posts".