My Battle of the Bulge

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not your poor mans butter...

Finally making the switch to grass-fed cow butter. This has been long over due. Finding it can be difficult, finding it in a convenient form even tougher.

Kerry gold has been the only brand I've been able to locate locally at Meijer. Previously only available in block form, they now have it in convenient sticks.

3444ea6a8561674bab00f5a3ece00f8a.jpg

59318faff59414d4d665430aea47d4b6.jpg

The convenience of grass-fed stick butter does come at a price. Look to spent about $1 or more per stick compared to a typical brand of butter. Hopefully as it becomes more popular, the price will come down some. Until then, I'll just have to eat the cost

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
sorry..just me....Organic, grass fed.....just don't see the benefits for the cost....to me an egg is an egg and a steak a steak....except the difference between Black angus and regular beef cow..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Feedlots are a lot like our load brokers and double brokered loads...there is NO shortage of family operations....the problem is...Feedlot buy the cattle at OPEN auction when they are undersized...they buy them truck them and feed them corns and other additives to "beef" them up and then resell them to kill houses...
I can summer graze a few cows and sell them they will be like 800-900 lbs...a feedlot will bulk them up to 1100 - 1200 and resell...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Feedlots are a lot like our load brokers and double brokered loads...there is NO shortage of family operations....the problem is...Feedlot buy the cattle at OPEN auction when they are undersized...they buy them truck them and feed them corns and other additives to "beef" them up and then resell them to kill houses...
I can summer graze a few cows and sell them they will be like 800-900 lbs...a feedlot will bulk them up to 1100 - 1200 and resell...
Selling them before the onset of winter saves me the expense of feeding them over the winter which can be time consuming and expensive...Feedlots actually allow family farms to turnover the herd quicker for better profit...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think Trader Joe's sells Kerry gold butter

I'll have to keep an eye out for them, looks like a interesting store to check out.

....Finally got done with the Land O' Lakes butter I've been using. The Kerry Gold is a bit different. The color is noticeably a deeper yellow and softer. The biggest difference so far has been the taste. I think it taste awesome. It reminds of what butter tasted like when I was a kid. How I remember that, I'm not sure, but that was the memories it brought back

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think Trader Joe's sells Kerry gold butter

I'll have to keep an eye out for them, looks like a interesting store to check out.

....Finally got done with the Land O' Lakes butter I've been using. The Kerry Gold is a bit different. The color is noticeably a deeper yellow and softer. The biggest difference so far has been the taste. I think it taste awesome. It reminds of what butter tasted like when I was a kid. How I remember that, I'm not sure, but that was the memories it brought back

store in North Dakota where we grocery shop carries Amish Butter...the butter taste was awesome from like when I was a kid...more expensive but they do have sales and butter can be frozen...

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
store in North Dakota where we grocery shop carries Amish Butter...the butter taste was awesome from like when I was a kid...more expensive but they do have sales and butter can be frozen...

My local health store carries the Amish butter. But it was like this huge blob of a mess. I was thinking, yeah that's not really practical for travel lol.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

My local health store carries the Amish butter. But it was like this huge blob of a mess. I was thinking, yeah that's not really practical for travel lol.
Yeah they tend to sell it in slabs. Mine was like 2 lbs blob wrapped in wax paper... had to cut it up it smaller bits ...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hide and seek...

Had a little chuckle with my morning weigh in. I'm sure I only found it amusing

74a4c4820c6407e6941e50fccd83db33.jpg

With my current weight I've found myself being more physically active and adding a little exercise. Nothing major, push-ups, squats, etc.

This morning while waiting for my coffee to brew, I started to do a few leg squats and found something I didn't know was there.

b725a8bc9d24a330bb641a1d1cf80d4f.jpg

On the down squat I saw I had a paper towel holder. 3 years, and I never noticed it.

daaf995e3072bdd801214d4adcbc5a8a.jpg

So, you never know what you may find while exercising

Reactions: Greg and Ragman

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hide and seek...

Had a little chuckle with my morning weigh in. I'm sure I only found it amusing

74a4c4820c6407e6941e50fccd83db33.jpg

With my current weight I've found myself being more physically active and adding a little exercise. Nothing major, push-ups, squats, etc.

This morning while waiting for my coffee to brew, I started to do a few leg squats and found something I didn't know was there.

b725a8bc9d24a330bb641a1d1cf80d4f.jpg

On the down squat I saw I had a paper towel holder. 3 years, and I never noticed it.

daaf995e3072bdd801214d4adcbc5a8a.jpg

So, you never know what you may find while exercising

Now you can actually bend over that far and see it too....LOL

Reactions: RoadTime

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Amish butter is something u have to have a taste for I tried some a few years ago an didn't like it at all

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I haven't had meatballs (which I love) for several months. But I think that is about to change after drooling over this...

meatballs.png

Attachments

• meatballs.png
    meatballs.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: ntimevan