Trucker strike

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm trying to figure out, if I shut down over the weekend who's going to notice? I might get a run on Friday, but Saturdays and Sundays tend to be shy of work anyway. In the last couple of months I can count on two fingers all the weekend work I've had. So, if I shut down in protest-- who's going to know???

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good article. It is refreshing to see Overdrive take a less radical approach to trucker's problems with government regulation. At one time they were the instigators behind these trucker shutdowns and slowdowns.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
I do not endorse a shutdown I can barely afford to take a day off let alone three or more, just thought I would pass along the article

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I do not endorse a shutdown I can barely afford to take a day off let alone three or more, just thought I would pass along the article

Someone has to pay for my Red Bull and Thor addictions! :p

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
In order to make a real inpact it will take at lease two weeks and we all know it will never happen.

Exactly, like I said I can't afford a three day strike and can't fathom two weeks or more ....:confused:

moose

Veteran Expediter
What they are asking is NOT for truckers strike, or shutdown or what ever.
they have something important to say, and they needs help spreading the word, and asked truckers to lead the way.
the main question is will it wake up the crowd, and how many others will join in.
unfortunately, the ones organizing the 'run for the constitution' have VERY limited understanding of trucking.
they say that they asked truckers to come up with a 'list of demands', but they clearly did not do their homework well.
instead of asking for lower fuel prices and higher wages- which are a mute point for most truckers{& will only increase Gov. intervention},
they should've simply demands for less regulations. and that's it, leaving the rest of the media time for the real cause of corrupted Gov. in-large, that used our constitution as toilet paper.
unfortunately for me, am running the west cost this week, and will not make it on time back east.
I will, however, convincingly, take a long restart at the same time of the 'run for the constitution'.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I personally think that a shut down and/or running blockade protest is counterproductive [it just angers a whole LOT of people], if not flat out stupid [keeping the left lane open for emergency vehicles is a smart move, but not all vehicles having an emergency or urgent need are official], but the idea of a trucker's strike over political philosophies/grievances is just nuts.
Truckers are not united, politically, any more than the rest of the citizens - hell, we can't even agree on trucking issues!
Whether political or trucking specific, there are much better ways to express dissatisfaction, IMO.

moose

Veteran Expediter
I personally think that a shut down and/or running blockade protest is counterproductive [it just angers a whole LOT of people].
Exactly what i felt wile participating in my first ever,& last, truck convoy, back @ the EXPO.
you simply cannot bash one convoy because you do not support it's statement, and @ the same time endorse any other truck convoy. {& please include the annual motorcycle cross country run for the wall- same thing}.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Moose, it's not a convoy, it's billed as a rolling blockade, to protest issues both in & outside of trucking. Even if they limited their grievances to trucking related, I wouldn't endorse it, but tacking on the "Ride for the Constitution" label just makes them look completely crazy.
I bet DOT is already planning to add psyche evals to the next round of regulations, sigh. :(