Cargo Van O/O

btrucker

Rookie Expediter
Hey y'all, I have been driving a truck for about 5 years now but wanting to try expediting in a cargo van. I was wondering those of y'all that are leased onto a company with a cargo van how do you like it? And would you recommend it? Also, I don't have any expenses other than my soon to be van and myself so it's not like I have a lot of major expenses. What are good companies to lease onto as an O/O?Thanks y'all.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Get a sprinter and look at load 1. Cargo vans are like a roach infestation lately. Just look at any flying j or Walmart. Lol

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Don't think Load 1 is signing sprinter or vans at this time, a call to Brian in recruiting will let you know for sure.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

noneya

Active Expediter
Whatever you do, stay away from panther. They will have you sitting in your cramped van a lot. As someone said earlier, look at the truck stop parking lots.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cargo vans are like a roach infestation lately. Just look at any flying j or Walmart. Lol
I agree that there are too many cargo vans. I don't believe looking at a truck stop parking lot is a very accurate indicator of the cargo van surplus though. Cargo vans park out front, in plain view, in a small lot and are obvious among the cars. On the other hand, straight trucks park in the large truck lot and are scattered and hidden among the tractor/trailers.

The roach infestation analogy is pretty accurate.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Get a sprinter and look at load 1. Cargo vans are like a roach infestation lately. Just look at any flying j or Walmart. Lol

I think load1 is not signing on vans for 5 years...... I hope. :)

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last week I saw a Load One cargo van (regular cargo van, Ford?) twice on the Ohio Pike. The first time was at night. I was going east, it was going west. Saw it again late the next day going east while I was going west. I have never seen a regular cargo van on with Load One. Was this an old timer? He did have a bushy white beard.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Last week I saw a Load One cargo van (regular cargo van, Ford?) twice on the Ohio Pike. The first time was at night. I was going east, it was going west. Saw it again late the next day going east while I was going west. I have never seen a regular cargo van on with Load One. Was this an old timer? He did have a bushy white beard.
Santa2_t460.jpg

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think load1 is not signing on vans for 5 years...... I hope. :)

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

I heard once the new West Division office is completed in Bison , SD. Load 1 is signing on 100 spr. type vans.......:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app