Ringtones for dispatch

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We are looking for a new ringtone for dispatch. Something obnoxious enough to wake us up and uniquely identify who is calling.
Any ideas?

Sent from my PG06100 using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I use the alarm tone on my iPhone. Sounds like the buzzer in a power plant. Wakes me up every time.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I have the smokey and bandit ringtone.
East bound and down

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The obvious answer is the theme from "Mission Impossible". The klaxon signaling a submarine to dive at highest volume is most likely to wake you up though.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
How bout the sound of a Telephone ringing...This has bugged me since I was a lil kid..Very obnoxious when I'm trying to sleep.

I am trying to find the original Blah Blah from Nextell..does not seem to be available anymore??? But my phone isnt smart enought to find it.
Not for dispatch but for those special ppl in my contacts..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I use a snippet from this, starting at about the 15 second mark. :D

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How bout the sound of a Telephone ringing...This has bugged me since I was a lil kid..Very obnoxious when I'm trying to sleep.

I use the Telephone ringing because it's the loudest one I have and seems to cut through other sounds like music. Although, I think it's getting a little too popular when it goes off and half a dozen people are reaching for their phones :p

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We use a fire siren and it never fails to get our attention and everyone else's. Very easy to hear in the truck and it has been left in the sleeper.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Try the song Paranoid by Black sabbath garranteed to make you want to shut it off!!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't have a special ringtone for dispatch. All incoming calls have the same ringtone, Little Wing. If I had different ringtones I would never know if it was my phone ringing or some other phone. I do have a very special photo that appears on my phone screen when dispatch calls:

Attachments

• th_krazykat2-1-1.jpg
    th_krazykat2-1-1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 41

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Proactively [or prematurely] optimistic: "I'm on my way!" by the Proclaimers. Nobody else's phone had it, and it made me smile to hear it. Still does, [Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh] ;)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The dispatch system is different at Landstar Express America. While Qualcomm is occasionally used to announce loads (not offer, announce), agents most often call with load offers. They are located in offices around the country and each has his or her own phone number(s). Dispatch is decentralized so no single ring tone would work.

In the Year-plus we have been with Landstar, we have done business (hauled freight) with over 30 agents. Most often, they call us before we call them. It is not at all uncommon for an agent we have never worked with before to spot us on the board and call with a load.

In a decentralized dispatch system like this, the appropriate ring tone for all incoming calls would be "Who Are You?" by The Who.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wait - why specify "something obnoxious"? Do you want to be in a bad mood already when you answer, or what? :confused:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At my last carrier i used a download ringtone titled Bull****ter Alert

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums