Pilot/flying j owner pays a billon dollars for football team

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
iT SEEM TO ME THEY CAN SAY HIGHER PRICES ARE DUE TO A WALKOUT FROM THE OIL REFINER WORKS,OIL WELL SHUT IN THE GULF BECAUSE OF A STORM,,BP SPILL. ALL THESE ARE REASON WHY A FUEL LIKE DEISEL IS ALMOST $4.00 A GALLON.FOR FUEL THAT USED TO BE BURN OFF BY THE REFINERS IS NOW THERE PRIDE AND JOY. SINCE A BEAN COUNTERS FOUND OUT THOSE BIG TRUCKS GET 5/6 MILES TO A GALLON......NOW THEY MIX IT WITH WHAT EVER AND MADE EVEN MORE MONEY.COMPANY LIKE PILOT HAS PURCHASED FLYING J THEY CONTROL A LARGE PORTION OF THE TRUCK STOP MARKET. IT SEEMS TO HAVE DEVELOPED A SYSTEM TO CONTROL AND PRICE FIXING.I THINK IF THEY PAY A BILLON DOLLARS FOR A FOOTBALL TEAM THEY DONT NEED MY BUSINESS.I FOUND THERE ARE BETTER PRICES FOR FUEL AT THE MOM AND POPS STOPS OFFER AT $.45/.50 A GALLON CHEAPER THEN BIG BOYS.IF DRIVERS WOULD STOP BUYING THERE FUEL.REWARDS CARD THEY GIVE YOU A PENNY A POINT,THAT POINT REQIRES A PURCHASE OF ALMOST $4.00. THE REAL REWARD IS TO BE ABLE TO PAY A BILLON DOLLARS FOR A FOOTBALL TEAM.CAN ANYBODY TELL ME OR SHOW ME WHAT A BILLON DOLLARS LOOKS LIKE.:

Monty

Expert Expediter
What does one TRILLION dollars look like? - YouTube

Might as well check out a trillion also.

The reason diesel fuel is so high, and remains that way, is because we now have "clean" fuel. it is exportable to the rest of the world ..... a market that pays even more than we ... so they send it away.

When we had simple #2 fuel oil, it was so full of sulphur, etc no one wanted it ..... so we had excess.

And stop using caps .... no need to shout, we see you.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Money is no problem for him , he is also the governer of Tn. I do believe .. And one of his high school friends is owner of US Express ... Either case Pilot / J will still get my business as their are remodeling several locations and opening new locations . More available places to park and sleep and take a shower mean something to me .

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If he uses his personal money to buy the Browns, who cares?

This has about as much effect on the price of fuel as the man in the moon does... :)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
49% of Pilot is owned by foreginers,Arabs I believe.
I suppprt TA because they've worked so hard to improve their assets.
They've forced Pilot to do things to keep up. Free ice,nicer towels.
Little things those greedy Pilot people wouldn't have loosened up on otherwise.
The TA discount helps too !

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Money is no problem for him , he is also the governer of Tn. I do believe .. And one of his high school friends is owner of US Express ... Either case Pilot / J will still get my business as their are remodeling several locations and opening new locations . More available places to park and sleep and take a shower mean something to me .

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

Bill gave up ownership of Pilot/J when he became mayor of Knoxville and then on to be the Governor. His brother is head man in charge now. Means the same I guess, as it is still part of the family.

News Update: Knoxville, TN Aug 5, 2012

It was reported today that the new owner of the Browns will move the team to Knoxville. The new name of the team..... Knoxville Oranges. bahhahaha

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
49% of Pilot is owned by foreginers,Arabs I believe.
I suppprt TA because they've worked so hard to improve their assets.
They've forced Pilot to do things to keep up. Free ice,nicer towels.
Little things those greedy Pilot people wouldn't have loosened up on otherwise.
The TA discount helps too !

Not even....nice slant tho....

CVC investment......Citicorp is their partner....

FJ Management Inc., formerly known as Flying J Inc., is a privately held U.S. corporation which operates oil & refining, banking, and insurance businesses. Along with Pilot Corporation and CVC Capital Partners, it is a joint-owner of Pilot Flying J, the largest truck stop chain in the United States.

The U.S.-based bank, Citicorp, had established an investment arm in 1968 to focus on venture capital investments. By the late 1970s and early 1980s, Citicorp Venture Capital, at that time under the leadership of chairman William T. Comfort, continued to invest in early stage businesses but also expanded into the emerging leveraged buyout business. CVC Capital Partners was originally founded in 1981 as the European arm of Citicorp Venture Capital.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those evil rich people, how dare they. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Imagine hard work, long hours and create an empire, be successful...and be hated for it....the American Way it seems these days....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I am sure I read of the foreign ownership within the last few years.
Will have to research it. Not today. Probably tomorrow.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am sure I read of the foreign ownership within the last few years.
Will have to research it. Not today. Probably tomorrow.

It is the European arm of Citicorp..now who the main investors of Citicorp are?...maybe you are correct...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Foreign people investing money, they are supposed to eat sand. It just isn't right i tell ya.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

gomez5.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

People like that dude in the picture, you know, those who do well and smoke cigars, should be punished, ridiculed and be made to give their money to those who did not earn it. OH WAIT, we already to that. OH well. So much for new ideas!