Ron Paul "Funny" Headlines

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The purpose of this thread is to report the funniest headlines (meaning funny, humorous or just plain silly) that the MSM comes up with in an attempt to minimize Dr. Paul's campaign, push propaganda, and influence the population.

This thread was not started for derogatory, mudslinging character assassination of Dr. Paul - if you want to do that, please do it elsewhere - feel free to start your own thread or whatever.

Today's winner comes from a WaPo blog:

.... "Ron Paul’s ceiling rises, but it’s still a ceiling" .....

Yeah .... uh-huh .... :rolleyes:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Do you really believe that a blog by a simpleton will affect the vote that much? :confused:
Is this actually serious question - or you just having fun ? :D (that's a rhetorical question that requires no answer)

Assuming that it's actually earnest, let me answer you this way:

Do you believe the media is capable of influencing public opinion ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Seriously? :rolleyes:

Nothing like bringing a thread to a sceeching halt.

I was asking. The way I see it is as follows. In the primaries, most have made up their minds long ago. There are a few who have yet to decide. Most is just media looking for something to justify their jobs.

In the general election, pretty much the same. Hard core Democrats are voting for Obama. Hard core Republicans are voting for who ever runs against Obama. Independents arr praying for SOMEONE of value to run, which is not likely.

People who read blogs that marginilize Mr. Paul, for the most part, already don't like him. These blogs tend to "preach to the choir" so to speak.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would say I am the latter. I haven't decided anything at this point. Keeping a open mind on everything. Have to think there are actually quite a few taking that same position.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Witness ...... I just blew out my coffee all over my MacBook ...... too funny ....

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I would say I am the latter. I haven't decided anything at this point. Keeping a open mind on everything. Have to think there are actually quite a few taking that same position.
Dave,

I think you are quite correct on this. The IA poll results from I got from Politico and posted in the other thread would seem to confirm that that's at least true for Iowa (moreso for some than for others :rolleyes:)

I also saw Larry Sabato (Center for Politics, University of Virginia) on Fox this morning talking about the national polls.

Basically what he said was that the national polls are likely more inaccurate than the polling being done in IA and NH - simply because the people IA/NH are more focused on the elections, which are close, than the people that were polled nationally. Essentially, he said the national polls could change significantly, since so much can happen between now and when the other states hold their primaries.

The people are waiting to be persuaded and convinced.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Here's possible ones for the future :D:

Ron Paul wins Iowa, but Iowa means nothing.

Ron Paul is the Republican party nominee .... but that means nothing about the Republican party.

Ron Paul is president of the country ..... but he's essentially irrelevant.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Dude, your mailbox is going to blow up with job offers from the "Drudge Report" and "FoxNews" with those headlines.

Outstanding!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is this actually serious question - or you just having fun ? :D (that's a rhetorical question that requires no answer)

Assuming that it's actually earnest, let me answer you this way:

Do you believe the media is capable of influencing public opinion ?

It was a serious question and I was NOT trying to kill the thread.

I believe that the media's influence on elections is fading. People are finally starting to see past much of the medias Bullonie and same are starting to think for themselves a bit. Just as I believe that an "endorsement" from a newspaper holds little sway.

I contend that most who read blogs only read blogs that they agree with. So I don't believe that the "blogs" have as big an effect at the media, or the bloggers, believe that they do.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Dave,

I think you are quite correct on this. The IA poll results from I got from Politico and posted in the other thread would seem to confirm that that's at least true for Iowa (moreso for some than for others :rolleyes:)

I also saw Larry Sabato (Center for Politics, University of Virginia) on Fox this morning talking about the national polls.

Basically what he said was that the national polls are likely more inaccurate than the polling being done in IA and NH - simply because the people IA/NH are more focused on the elections, which are close, than the people that were polled nationally. Essentially, he said the national polls could change significantly, since so much can happen between now and when the other states hold their primaries.

The people are waiting to be persuaded and convinced.

I am one of those waiting. Much can happen in a short period of time. Jut today I heard that Gary Johnson is sliding over to run as a Libertarian. Also, I didn't realize that people can actually wait until the end of February to declare a run for the republican party. Heard on HLN that Palin and Jeb Bush are still considering or being asked. Not sure how that would change things, but could still have an unknown as well since few are really sold at this point

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It was a serious question and I was NOT trying to kill the thread.
Fair enough ;)

I believe that the media's influence on elections is fading. People are finally starting to see past much of the medias Bullonie and same are starting to think for themselves a bit. Just as I believe that an "endorsement" from a newspaper holds little sway.
You know what ? .... I think that you are exactly correct for many :eek: :D .. at least to this extent:

When certain partisans within the media try to push an obvious thought-stopping agenda, it can be pretty obvious - because it's often done by trying to hammer home the message just a little too hard ..... for just a little too long.

It's turn off for those that don't want their thoughts stopped (or someone else's inserted)

OTOH though, there certainly those fellow partisan watchers who agree with the message presented because it fits their worldview.

I contend that most who read blogs only read blogs that they agree with. So I don't believe that the "blogs" have as big an effect at the media, or the bloggers, believe that they do.
Maybe true for most ... dunno ....

I know for me, it's not precisely true - I certainly look at stuff that I would be inclined to agree with ... but I also try to search out stuff that I might not agree with .... if for no other reason to see what is being said.

The more viewpoints the better.