Top 3 Expediting Companies in the US?

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am wondering if there is any information out there about who is the Top 3 Expedite Trucking Companies via there Revenue.
Appreciate your information with where you gathered it from.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't think there is a way to answer it. If you are asking what are the top 3 expediting carriers who provide the best opportunities, then maybe but ...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you are referring to revenue generated solely from expedite shipments and define expedite shipments as time sensitive, exclusive use shipments, my guess would be Panther, FedEx C.C. and ???

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
if you are trying to equate the top 3 revenue producing comppanies to the idea that those companies pay their contractors the highest per mile or % of the load...i wouldn't go there...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, there's a reason why a company breaks the top 3 list in revenue and it ain't all marketing.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
How many of these so called expedite companies,just are hauling only expedite freight?There was a time,this did happen,and then I would say FedEx Custom Critical was the leader.TriState is to small to compete for top 3,but,they most likely do more true expedite loads for their size than the others.Panther does quite a few expedite loads,but also do quite a few nonexpedite loads to keep their contractors busy,as does FDCC,but not quite as much as Panther.If your looking for size,top 3 wouild be fdcc panther express1,they are most likely the biggest

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Steve,

Maybe we need to start looking at the idea that expediting companies are expediting in name only and expedite loads are just loads.

I'm thinking that 'expedited freight' as "we" define it is not the same thing as the rest of the world defines it and our customer base for our type of expedited fright has pretty much be so diversified to the point most of the work is actually time sensitive ltl or just ltl freight.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How many of these so called expedite companies,just are hauling only expedite freight?There was a time,this did happen,and then I would say FedEx Custom Critical was the leader.TriState is to small to compete for top 3,but,they most likely do more true expedite loads for their size than the others.Panther does quite a few expedite loads,but also do quite a few nonexpedite loads to keep their contractors busy,as does FDCC,but not quite as much as Panther.If your looking for size,top 3 wouild be fdcc panther express1,they are most likely the biggest

Considering revenue generated by ground expedite loads, I think your last sentence sums it up. Of course FECC generates a lot of their revenue from White Glove and Ex1 has grown by acquisition and merger to the size they are now. I'd have to disagree about Tri State considering the deterioration of their size over the last couple of years and their push toward brokering air freight.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
I am wondering if there is any information out there about who is the Top 3 Expedite Trucking Companies via there Revenue.
Appreciate your information with where you gathered it from.

questions like this are always asked by a newbie and could have anticipated the answer if he had gone to advanced search. they never seem to offer the search parameters they want to know.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
It doesn't matter how much revenue your company makes, as much how much the owner operator actually sees of it. Those things are generally not congruous.

And, as DaveKC always says, "If not how much you make, it's how much you keep."

paullud

Veteran Expediter

questions like this are always asked by a newbie and could have anticipated the answer if he had gone to advanced search. they never seem to offer the search parameters they want to know.

What is the point of adding rude pointless comments? It makes the site look bad and unwelcoming to new people especially given your position here. Why don't you educate us all on the search you did under advanced search that you were able to pull up the Top 3 revenue producing companies? I can tell you biggest, company, top, and revenue do not pull up the answer. I am still waiting for your answer on the post I had that you felt the need to jump all over me for.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
But see the problem is this, there is no answer.

You can take all the comments and opinions posted here and other places and try to formulate an answer but there are too many factors involved on the individual level it can't be answered. This is why I said the question should be about opportunities, not revenue. Opportunities is what makes the money and if a company makes people millions (as claimed by someone famous) it does not mean that you would make anything above your cost.

The three top fleets is another thing that is asked. I understand that people think that just because a carrier has a lot of vans/trucks make money but in fact it may be a bad thing to compete with all those other trucks. Some people think that because A is making X they will make X. It is all relative to your situation, your decision on what truck you have and how you approach everything.