Who's hiring for cargo vans?

gatorfan068

Active Expediter
Seriously...I know thats a crazy question in a slow period,but who is hiring cargo vans? I want to bring on a cargo van. I have 5 yrs exp with this certain carrier,and they said no to me. Is Express 1 or Landstar taking taking on any vans? Thanks : )

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I would imagine all the larger companies are taking on vans. Like express 1,tri state,panther, etc

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

lhannah

Active Expediter
If you dont mind picking up your own insurance. I know several of the smaller carriers are hiring. Many of them allow you to run for more than one company. So it will increase your opportunity for freight.

gatorfan068

Active Expediter
Not much help here. 157 VIEWS AND 3-4 ANSWERS..One says he can tell me who is hiring but doesnt,one gives me a link which is good. And Greg gives a sarcastic answer that wasnt really needed. Nice! Tristate says no vans needed.Landstar really wants 13 feet of cargo room,meaning a Sprinter,and requires Hazmat Endorsement and Class A or B CDL.Maybe I should have added no sarcastic remarks from Little truck drivers ( straight trucks ).

lhannah

Active Expediter
I didn't volunteer company names because I happen to work for one of them and didn't want to self-promote all over this forum. I tried to send you a PM but it seems either i am not allowed to send them or you are not allowed to receive them.

I work for Whirlwind Express LLC, out of Crossville, TN. If you call 866-259-1919 we will be able to give you any information you need. Also, I know many of our drivers work with T&K as well. I don't have any of their contact info but I imagine it would be easy to search them out.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Why not go to 5 Star Carriers on the opening page and either call as many that have an 800 # or fill out an application using the "multi" application?:rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hopefully no one is signing on cargo vans.....too many out here now.....we still need to thin the herd...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought Load 1 put a hiring freeze on vans last year, but somehow The Enemy and Jen got hired! There is always an exception to the rule! Never say never.

yeah well...they had the experience and a 12 foot Sprinter...just NO cargo vans...

Well Scott came on..but he is a Canada Van...always exemptions

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Same crap with Tristate. Recruiting tells one guy they're not taking vans but then takes another guy. It all depends on where you live, what you can do, and if they like you. I was told by a company recently that they are only taking on sprinters. I just wished them luck and hung up the phone. I may have to come on over to Load 1 next year after I buy my box truck. But first I gotta try out the three company and small carrier deal before I make any decisions about going back to one company!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Same crap with Tristate. Recruiting tells one guy they're not taking vans but then takes another guy. It all depends on where you live, what you can do, and if they like you. I was told by a company recently that they are only taking on sprinters. I just wished them luck and hung up the phone. I may have to come on over to Load 1 next year after I buy my box truck. But first I gotta try out the three company and small carrier deal before I make any decisions about going back to one company!

Good Deal Bliz.....wish ya luck with that! :D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Only problem I have is that I might be a little too seasoned. I'm well done in fact. My work history looks like a chess game! 5 companies in 5 years lol. I really need to settle down quickly before I run out of flavors to try!

We'll see what happenes. But based on this years performance in the business, i'll probably be renting a small studio apartment somewhere in the midwest, and just signing on with one larger carrier. I'm also going to stop taking my 3 month winter breaks and just man up to the winter and press on. I gotta get serious here really quick and prepare for my financial future.