Mcp 200 qc

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
this thing does everything....They don't hook me up to the ECM thankfully...

if they did and I had an owner they could see my real time speed and rpms....

The black box recorder has arrived...actually it does come with a black box...*lol*

so when you are doing 65 in a 45 CZ and get into a wreck it is all there on the QC....

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
this thing does everything....They don't hook me up to the ECM thankfully...

if they did and I had an owner they could see my real time speed and rpms....

The black box recorder has arrived...actually it does come with a black box...*lol*

so when you are doing 65 in a 45 CZ and get into a wreck it is all there on the QC....
about dropped mine in the floor when it started talking to me..........sure hope it's going to pay for it's self (30 a week vs. 50 a month).But I sure like that scan feature.

I'm just one that hate to have deduction.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We have a lot of faith in these new units. Over the next quarter you will see us begin to roll out new features that will enhance the "Load One Experience" even more.

You can now surf the web right from the unit. As well you can sign in to fleet vision right from the truck and keep up to date.

We are working on a new in cab video training system to help the continuing process of preparing for CSA and overall safety training. As well it will let us offer custom in house videos right through the unit. This will be especially helpful for units that are not local. Safety meetings and training can be conducted ongoing over the units.

We are also working on being able to send the entire authority pack as a .pdf file to the unit. This way you always have the most up to date documentation and don't have to worry about the constant updates.

We have other ideas that we are also playing with. Please let me know if any of you guys have any others. They may or may not be possible but we can sure try to make them work if they are possible.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Our vans are qc equipped. They just don't have the jbus or some other name on vans, connecting them into the trucks ecm. It would be nice to give them mpg feedback and things like that, but it is not easy to do. Also the expense doesn't really make sense as the only other thing that it does is provides the ability to do electronic HOS on a unit.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Here is one, I will get one tomorrow with the scanner. You can use the virtual keyboard or the unit "slides" open to reveal a full real keyboard.

Attachments

• mcp20%20persbericht.jpg
    mcp20%20persbericht.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 40

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
They are extremely advanced and robust units. On the downside they are expensive. They run about 25% more than an mcp 100, and almost double a omi-trac unit. Plus the scanner is an add on unit that adds about 7-10% more to the total cost.

Much like any technology investment, it must be fully utilized to really see an ROI and to be a good tool for the company and most of all the owner operator.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We had the MCP100's in all of our company units for about 2 and a half years. We started taking delivery of the MCP200's and scanners a few months ago. We are in the process of installing them in all of our owner operators and we are also replacing/upgrading all of our 100 units to the newer unit as well. We hired a full time installer so that we could do the work and maintannce on site. It will take us about 4 more months to get the fleet installed/converted in full.

Stop bye and I would be glad to show you one of them.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Does the unit with the scanner have a "print" feature or maybe a usb port so that BOL's can be printed when the shipper only provides one copy that goes to Load 1...or doesn't load 1 requirer the original BOL when there is a copy scanned to them?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Does the unit with the scanner have a "print" feature or maybe a usb port so that BOL's can be printed when the shipper only provides one copy that goes to Load 1...or doesn't load 1 requirer the original BOL when there is a copy scanned to them?

Most customers will not accept an electronic copy. We scan all of our documents in house now. We will have our units still turn in the originals on the next trip into the terminal. This way we will keep them for a certain time period should a customer require it or if the scan is not as clear as we would like.

I do believe that a usb printer for the units is being developed, but I don't think it is out yet. The scanner is a usb add on.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So what's the difference in appearance?

I almost did yesterday, maybe later on this week.

The 200 is about half of the size when the keyboard is retracted. It is also full color and touch screen and runs on a windows xp platform. The 100 runs on a windows mobile platform. The 100 is not wifi capable for internet. It is not able to play video. The 100 is a good unit and is a great enhancement over the omni-trac. But, I think the 200 is a better tool for the owner operator and gives them more of a value.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Value...I can connect to any free wifi signal and do my net stuff...no more worrying about going over my 5G limit...and the scanning saves some time and need to find a TS close by..

the Omni track gave me nothing for my 35 a week...this is only 30 a week and I get some benefits...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Value...I can connect to any free wifi signal and do my net stuff...no more worrying about going over my 5G limit...and the scanning saves some time and need to find a TS close by..

the Omni track gave me nothing for my 35 a week...this is only 30 a week and I get some benefits...

Also if we can do in cab training that will help and benefit the drivers with CSA 2010. This is going to be a huge change for drivers as it all ramps up. We can also eliminate the traditional safety meeting. Those meetings forced units to come to the terminal twice a year, resulting in lost revenue and out of route miles. Our units with them also no longer have to fill out trip reports and turn them in with every load. Also we have the option of truck routed navigation. One of our straight trucks found last week that it cut 42 miles off of a run vs his garmin.