TA /Bp Expedite king cards

johnpetrus

Seasoned Expediter
According to Lynda Jones Manger Of TA Berkley Pa store number 067 . The Ta Expedite King will not be taken at the BP stores
only at the diesel pumps not the gas pumps !

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Isn't there something "official" from T/A or do locations have an opt-out policy from any and all promotions?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Last time I talked to someone at TA about that, I was told that all TA locations participate in all of the same promotions.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Maybe T/A needs to actually start gathering names and then send out some sort of memo telling these promotions are country wide, but how many people actually call up and say "Your manager John Doe at store 5231 said this ... is it true?"

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I checked on the status of my Expediters card last week with a call to TA...the lady there answered my questions and then gave me another phone number and told me that if i had any TA Employee that didn't know or understand how the new program worked to have them call that number while i was there and the person that answered would walk them through the issues. She said ALL TA's work with the old Road King and the New Ultra Expediters programs...

The # she gave me is:

1-866-752-2582

johnpetrus

Seasoned Expediter
Isn't there something "official" from T/A or do locations have an opt-out policy from any and all promotions?

Hi Greg
No It was someone that didn't know her job and wasn't going to admit it ! It says right on there web site that 50 gals of either gas or diesel so I explained to her her that i wouldn't spend my money there and that i was more than happy to let all the expedite world know her policy so that they wouldn't waste there money there or her time talking to her about it !I asked her her name and what town it was and she lied about the town but the store number was right 067 exit 29 route 80 PA
so i filed a complaint With expedite King on this matter and i am guessing many other stores will be this way.

johnpetrus

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Greg
No It was someone that didn't know her job and wasn't going to admit it ! It says right on there web site that 50 gals of either gas or diesel so I explained to her her that i wouldn't spend my money there and that i was more than happy to let all the expedite world know her policy so that they wouldn't waste there money there or her time talking to her about it !I asked her her name and what town it was and she lied about the town but the store number was right 067 exit 29 route 80 PA
so i filed a complaint With expedite King on this matter and i am guessing many other stores will be this way.

Thank you Chef dennis
I called the store and talked to Lynda and gave her that number , and thank you for it y the way !
I didn't know one store manger could be so RUDE!!
She fell just short of calling me an idiot and I had NO clue what i was saying and she new everything there is to know !
she got so mad that she was screaming over me and then hung up on me ! her number is 814 786 7988 if anyone wants to clue her in !

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i just received my new ultra 1 card today an it comes with a booklet with a list of all ta an petro locations an they all accept this new (card) policy...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
hmmm:confused: there is a .25 cent difference from the TA here to across the street...my FREE $10.00 shower is going to cost me $12.50...now there is a bargain...:rolleyes::eek:

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I hear, TA actually has someone traveling around from location to location in a van.
Pulls up, emits a cloaking device on his TA ID by hitting a button his cell phone.
Then he proceeds to try and use as many promos as being offered currently thru TA,
I think his name Harry McConnel, or something like that.
Yep, pulls their shorts down an whips their cheeks cherry red right then and thare if they are being CONTRARY or DECEITFUL:D
They signed a contract ya kn:rolleyes:w.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is simply a new program that is different from the old program, especially with regard to vans at the gas pumps. It'll take a while before some of the TA locations even see a van try and use the program. Managers at TAs have a lot on their plate, and digging down into the details of a program they might not even see more than 2 or 3 times a month is low on the list. Many probably glanced at the program and saw 'same deal, different lookin' card, points don't expire and there's some restaurant promotions going on', yawn, and then went about their day. The differences in the program won't "register" in their brain until they are faced with one of those differences and have to look it up or get it clarified. Many of us have had jobs where similar things have happened with various changes in how things are done.

Just the 3 days ago I heard a fuel desk cashier telling a driver that he should sign up for a Road King card. Old habits die hard. I piped up and echoed her suggestion, but added that it's not even called Road King anymore, but is the UltraONE card. She said, "Yeah, it's UltraONE or something like that, but it's the same program."

Once more van drivers know about and start to use the program, and more TA and Petro locations see the use of it, the more knowledgeable the cashiers and managers will become, and the easier it will be to use.

I still see a lot of vans sitting at many Flying J's. Old habits die hard, but will be hastened for many come Wednesday when they get a rude awakening when the Flying J Frequent Fueler card becomes a Pilot Driver payback card.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been out 8 days now and not spent 1 red cent in a J or Pilot...and I like pilot coffee..Between getting an extra 1-1.5 mpg because I am not using cheap J diesel and getting a better price...I pay for my showers....It takes 3 fills at TA to get a shower and when one isn't running so hard you won't pile up the credits...I don't get the discount TA offers either...

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
According to Lynda Jones Manger Of TA Berkley Pa store number 067 . The Ta Expedite King will not be taken at the BP stores
only at the diesel pumps not the gas pumps !

John,

You need to ask them to upgrade your card from ExpediteKing to UltraOne Expediter. You will get the gasoline benefit:

UltraONE

1 Shower per cumulative 50 gallons or more of diesel fuel or gasoline in a 5 consecutive day time period
Credits Good for 10 Days

johnpetrus

Seasoned Expediter
This is simply a new program that is different from the old program, especially with regard to vans at the gas pumps. It'll take a while before some of the TA locations even see a van try and use the program. Managers at TAs have a lot on their plate, and digging down into the details of a program they might not even see more than 2 or 3 times a month is low on the list. Many probably glanced at the program and saw 'same deal, different lookin' card, points don't expire and there's some restaurant promotions going on', yawn, and then went about their day. The differences in the program won't "register" in their brain until they are faced with one of those differences and have to look it up or get it clarified. Many of us have had jobs where similar things have happened with various changes in how things are done.

Just the 3 days ago I heard a fuel desk cashier telling a driver that he should sign up for a Road King card. Old habits die hard. I piped up and echoed her suggestion, but added that it's not even called Road King anymore, but is the UltraONE card. She said, "Yeah, it's UltraONE or something like that, but it's the same program."

Once more van drivers know about and start to use the program, and more TA and Petro locations see the use of it, the more knowledgeable the cashiers and managers will become, and the easier it will be to use.

I still see a lot of vans sitting at many Flying J's. Old habits die hard, but will be hastened for many come Wednesday when they get a rude awakening when the Flying J Frequent Fueler card becomes a Pilot Driver payback card.

I agree with you 100% as long as the manger is willing to listen , but when there so hell bent on how right they are because they have been there for 15 years and wont even look it up then that is just there loss ! I went to mr fuel and on my happy way !

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Personally this TA program just doesn't work no matter which way I twist it....it is cash for showers now....so be it....darn I hate adding up receipts! *LOL*:D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You can see online who many shower credits you have. You can also swipe the card at the kiosk and it'll tell you. After the first week and that initial glitch in the system I no longer keep up with this or that receipt and how many gallons I need for the next shower. I've got 4 showers on the card right now. One will expire soon, I would imagine, but one is still good for 10 more days because it got added this morning.

I wish you could see online when a given shower expires, like you could at the J, but I'm finding that since they last 10 days, it's not that big a deal.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can see online who many shower credits you have. You can also swipe the card at the kiosk and it'll tell you. After the first week and that initial glitch in the system I no longer keep up with this or that receipt and how many gallons I need for the next shower. I've got 4 showers on the card right now. One will expire soon, I would imagine, but one is still good for 10 more days because it got added this morning.

I wish you could see online when a given shower expires, like you could at the J, but I'm finding that since they last 10 days, it's not that big a deal.

Like I said...personally it don't work for me.....

#1...No discount and even if I did..you have to pay cash or com data to get the discount....$5. fee for com data...which negates any gain...

#2 with no discount the TA fuel is generally more expensive...again negating any real benefit...

#3..I just abhor going in with the big trucks...but that is just my quirk...I'll take that on the chin...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
#1...No discount and even if I did..you have to pay cash or com data to get the discount....$5. fee for com data...which negates any gain...
Two kinds of discounts. One is the cash discount that you get for paying with cash or cash equivalents, like Comdata. The other discount is the carrier discount, that you must use the Comdata card to get.

At Panther, Comdata (not Panther) charges $1.50 per transaction to use the Comdata card, which is borderline criminal if you ask me. Hundreds of thousands of Comdata transaction a day. What a racket. I know E-1 charges you five bucks every time they load money on the card (which is just blatant because it costs them nothing to load a card), but do they charge you the $5 again every time you use it?

#2 with no discount the TA fuel is generally more expensive...again negating any real benefit...
Even with the cash discount, TA fuel can be expensive. You'll get better fuel mileage generally, but still. Half a mile closer into town and, well, you know.

#3..I just abhor going in with the big trucks...but that is just my quirk...I'll take that on the chin...
Oh, I love it. Mostly it just pίsses people off when you're back there ("What's that dаmned 4-wheeler doing back here? He ain't supposed to be here."), but there are also a lot of people who take the time to ask about the Sprinter and about expediting.