What happened to Laredo outbound freight?

DougTravels

Not a Member
I used to have good luck getting out of Laredo. Not this time though, anyone got any feedback on their luck or price getting out, that they don't mind sharing. I finally thought things were getting better. I had a pretty good week last week and this week was going good until I got here Wednesday morning and now still here on Friday night.

Maybe more expedite loads are coming in than going out?
I hate this sickening feeling on a friday night? The odds being that I'm stuck until Monday which also is a slow freight day. It's too far to deadhead home, plus I'm going to have a storm in between me and Michigan.

Maybe I'll get lucky, I have pulled that miracle Saturday load from here before.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Any time I get a load going to Laredo, if I take it, I do so with the knowledge that I will be there for a week. If it delivers in Laredo on a Friday or the weekend, I can figure 10 days. I usually get out of there much quicker than that, but if I don't it doesn't bother me, cause I knew that going in, and whatever I get out of there usually accounts for the days I've spent there. Laredo can go from hot to cold in a heartbeat. It's a coin toss, a throw of the dice. Always remember that before going there.

Not as bad for straights and big trucks, tho. 3 or 4 days is usually tops for those. Most get out in a day or less.

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
I am thinking of staying out of Texas. Those long miles always sucks us in, but the wait to get out can kill the week! Got a load to Lufkin Tx, then a run to Corpus Christi, then a short run to Houston... had to get out of there because Ike was coming... but there had been 6 trucks sitting in Houston for a couple of days prior, I am sure they had to dead head to Dallas, or Laredo. I would much rather stay up in Ill and all the way over to the east coast, and Canada.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
with ike,this isnt good time to be in texas,but,when i deliver laredo,my next stop is houston,usually loaded before i get there

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Do not forget the key to expediting is patience! Laredo will really test your patience more than any other city I think. There are some great loads that come out of there if you are lucky enough to be there at the right time. If we deliver on a Friday and get no offers we also head north but we go to San Antonio and have had good luck in that area.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Do not forget the key to expediting is patience! Laredo will really test your patience more than any other city I think. There are some great loads that come out of there if you are lucky enough to be there at the right time. If we deliver on a Friday and get no offers we also head north but we go to San Antonio and have had good luck in that area.

Back in the day when they woud load a D load on a tractor,we did well in San Antone also,but there are usully 3 to 4 tractor loads a day out of the houston ex center,no need to sit around

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just goes to show how different folks operate. As Turtle mentioned, we seldom ever wait for a load out of Laredo.
The few times we arrived after a Mexican holiday and it was crowded, we would go down to Brownsville and get out there.

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
Any time I take a load to Texas, I look at the money that gets me there and if it don't pay enough to deadhead out, I don't take the load. The last time I stayed waiting on something comming out I wasted two weeks. Then deadheaded out. NOW that was stupid. Now I drop, sleep, and head out.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well Larado is a sinker Houston is good but not with the Cane that just came though. Now Sea Drift Texas sends
plastic film to VA Beach. Hauled that a few times and its a good paying load.

In any case Texas realy funney if in texas go to houston as dallas not so good. When I am told to go to dallas I check in and then they send me to pu in Houston.

But to any tractors stuck in Texas be on the look out for the Sea Drift Load going to VA Beach. thats a tip to yas and its a realy good paying load. Just dont run HW 58 in VA as tickets are Poping by the state Police just a tip .

:)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i cannot imagine being stuck in laredo for a week or more, seriously have never been stuck there that long or had to dh out . the problem w/laredo this month and especially from now till about the third week of this month is the fact that it is patriots month or mexicos 4th of july. celebrations of and on all month and work taking a backseat. they feally take patriotmonth and especially 9/16 serious, 16th is the actual day for their independence. also the voting down of the pilot program on the 10th ****ed all of them off and alot of them were not even bringing the warehouse freight we all p/u across. so both together made this week real difficult. we got in there tues. and did not get out til thurs. which is about 36hrs longer than we ever have to wait. thing will get somewhat back to normal next week though.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Bad luck ,
Am really feeling for all of you stuck there in Laredo.
Have got in with a good paying load ,Del. this AM.
on the way in , was told by Dispatch it is a hard weekend to get loads out , and took a load that pay less out ,to Det.
Averaging up a load is the key !
Its a tool each and every Expediter need to use.
Its like an expediters convention there at the J.
was hard to watch...

last week ,was stuck in the middle of T.X for 4 days till got a load out.
Averaging up a month will work the same.
Now Am yielding for IKE in Austin...

Moose.

DougTravels

Not a Member
I got a van load today, not much pay but gets me out of here anyways. It goes to Shreveport another tough spot, It seems like everwhere I go is tough for my carrier anymore. Im switching soon enough, 3 years with them, I need to know if the grass is really as green as this other carrier touts.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Moose are you saying that you dropped in Laredo this morning and allready loaded out to Detroit?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Came thru some of Ike last night this morning and unloaded in Austin...DH'ed to Laredo....E-1 does better here then in Dallas...I know crazy world...

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
waiving the hand at ya OVM and others here, just got here about 2 hours ago, delivering in the morning, will wait and see what happens...looks like a Panther convention here this weekend!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
waiving the hand at ya OVM and others here, just got here about 2 hours ago, delivering in the morning, will wait and see what happens...looks like a Panther convention here this weekend!

At the J over in the corner by road....sprinter with windshield deflectors on the "outside"
Not many P2 vans here yet.

moose

Veteran Expediter

Hay easyrider ...
seeing you going down and wayved on Y'a...
Can you see throw Demm tint windows ???

Moose.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
What really tests you is the West Coast. Try being stuck in Washington State or Utah. It's a 100 times worse then Laredo.