Flatbed Expediting?

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
Another 'just curious' question. Are there flatbed Expedited carriers out there?

Jim F

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Another 'just curious' question. Are there flatbed Expedited carriers out there?

Jim F

I know Panther has some flat bed trailers within their fleet. Every now and then I see a straight truck flatbed w/ a sleeper. I saw one the other day. I believe the carrier was Quick Delivery from SC.

Last edited:

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
There are hotshot companies out there using light and medium duty trucks with 32'-48' trailers . Many of them are single truck o/o's with their own authority . Many do quite well . I know one carrier keeping 4 trucks busy - 3 Chevy 4500's and a Ford F350 . He just landed a sweet local government contract . The haul is 62 miles round trip - pays $350 . He usually does 2 or 3 a day .

mystictrans

Expert Expediter
Fed Ex CC does flatbed also, very good rates too. We are flagged for flatbed in addition to the other white glove services that we preform.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1way Express in Bedford Ohio, uses Straight Truck Flatbeds and there is a few 1 ton flats as well.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
You will find many flatbed straight trucks if you look for them,that doesnt mean they are expediters.Ive seen ups,and panther flatbeds,not sure they were expedite or just doing flatbed moves,as one of the panther flatbeds i saw was hauling a load of hay.The FECC flatbed moves are all expedite,they are on flatbed trailers,drop decks and dbl drop decks.and the rates reflect this.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Due to the drought in this area, my local agriculture extension office bought loads of hay from Missouri. Some loads were delivered on flat bed T/T from expediting companies. They hauled it as back loads to get to a better area (Nashville area).

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
The straight truck flatbed I saw the other day was an International, class 7, like a 4700 or 4900 WITH a 60in sleeper and a 24 foot flat. It was hauling some kind of big machine or transformer. Looked like expedite to me.

barney

Expert Expediter
I once drove a FDCC flat bed. Although it wasn't intentional. My co-driver couldn't see the sign that said 10' 8" in 3' letters with yellow flashing lights.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
The straight truck flatbed I saw the other day was an International, class 7, like a 4700 or 4900 WITH a 60in sleeper and a 24 foot flat. It was hauling some kind of big machine or transformer. Looked like expedite to me.

I've seen 2 similar trucks in the past 5 or 6 weeks, that's what prompted my question. One here in NC and the other runnin' I-40 in TN, near Memphis. Different paint schemes, one was a International, the other a Mack.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
That thing must be awful hard to get in tight areas with . A single axle tractor with 28' trailer would be preferable .

254" wheelbase. What's hard about that? It has a 60in sleeper and 24 ft flatbed. No different than a D unit.

Attachments

• 4dd9_1.JPG
    4dd9_1.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: