Panther Orientation

Tuckster

Seasoned Expediter
Do most attending the orientation in Seville, Oh get a motel room or sleep in their truck during orientation ???

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
If you want take a motel but with the comapany you not will have a lot of financtial stability to pay off for the hotel, Good Luck in the Panther............kept in tuch to tell us how is everything with them, you realy need a very Good Luck and protection fo God...........no money, no load, no on time pay................thing againe about this oriention...........

charlee

Seasoned Expediter
We put all of our drivers up in hotel....51.51 a night. Seems to be a lot of people staying there.

-charlotte

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Tuckster, my guess would be that those who feel comfortable in their trucks/vans stay in them, and those who prefer, get a motel. (You can do a Google search for motels in the area)
If staying in motels is something you will do at times, sign up for the Corporate Lodging "Check Inn" program. Panther is a Business Accountholder with the program - they won't pay the bill, lol, but you will get some decent discounts. :)

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
There are two Motels and a Pancake House about a mile from Panther. Your recruiter can tell you the phone #. When I was there there were drivers sleeping in their vehicles at Panther and some at the Motels.

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
You got the comfort inn,the closest to the panther campus.Tell them your there for panther and i think it's 50 a night,they have a van they will take ya over there and pick you up.I think the motel 8 is a bit cheaper down by the trk stops were i76 and i71 meet.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Tuckster, my guess would be that those who feel comfortable in their trucks/vans stay in them, and those who prefer, get a motel. (You can do a Google search for motels in the area)
If staying in motels is something you will do at times, sign up for the Corporate Lodging "Check Inn" program. Panther is a Business Accountholder with the program - they won't pay the bill, lol, but you will get some decent discounts. :)

You can also get that if you're an OOIDA member.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Two motels and a pancake house.

Sounds like the beginning of a trucker song. :)

Two motels and a pancake house
A cat on my truck
and my codriver spouse

A contractor I became today
Living life on the road
To earn that pay...

Last edited:

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
don't be put off by the negative poster just do as they tell you in orientation for the first 90 days and you'll make money with panther. Your going to be a truck driver stay in your truck at the ta and drive it down to orientation you won't be staying in motels much once you start running once a month or so to get a break maybe. good luck and don't give up to quick it's a tough business to get started in until you figure out how to stay loaded.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
<<<<Was glad to live not far from Orientation. Mine was in January. I started out driving for a fleet owner and I could drive home after orientation. I lived in Salem so my drive to and from was about an hour and fifteen minutes each way. If I remember it was "really" cold....:eek: Most of the drivers I was in with stayed at the hotel that was beside the Pilot station though. past the Micky D's and the Arbys...

charlee

Seasoned Expediter
actually it is.....if you ask for the panther rate it is exactly 51.51 a nite for a team. That includes tax. There is a pet deposit if you have a pet.

-charlotte

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats a few bucks higher then it should be, especially for a weekday. Sunday to Thursday rates would apply and seeing it's in the middle of nowhere of consequence. They could do better (the motels) on thier rates. But they know they have a captive audience so why lower them.

ewilson303

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Dave, I just spoke to Micheal Johnson at Panther, we were discussing Canadians working for Panther to do the cross border stuff. I am a Canadian and thinking about it, do you know anyone doing this??

ewilson303

Seasoned Expediter
Hey CHarlee, I just spoke to Micheal JOhnson about Canadians working for Panther to do the cross border stuff, he is looking to recruite me to this and says there are others as well, do you know any? or anything about the guys doing this