ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Morel mushroom hunting

Well I guess that I will leave the beefstakes alone from now on....never did get sick but it sounds like you can be ok or really hurtin and there is no in between. All this talk of mushroom huntin, snipe huntin and just plain being outdoors makes me home sick something fierce....lol good thing I should be home this weekend. LOL I remember some city girls that moved to our town, after befriending them we took em mushroom huntin. We told em you had to be super quiet and sneak up on them, cause if they heard or saw ya coming they would suck back into the ground. It took em a good hour of us laughing at em to realize we were messin with them.

2. Premium Freight. Premium Pay. Premium Drivers.
    Premium Transportation Logistics
    22'/24' Straight Trucks Are Averaging $1.40 All Miles!! Or, try our new 70% program!! Explore the Premium opportunities available by leasing on to Premium Transportation Logistics LLC. Our reputation as an Expedite and Truckload Carrier since 2002 speaks for itself. PTL LLC offers premium drivers premium pay, premium support services and premium freight. Our drivers appreciate fast settlements (no hold back week), our helpful dispatch team and a support system that is second to none. Call Brian today 800-661-3166 ext. 207 for additional details. Feel free to make an appointment to visit us prior to signing on.

3. 31,293785,35566,41

Hey Mr. LayoutShooter
    In another thread you were talkin about trout fishin. It sounds that you have done a lot of fishing all around the place. Ever catch a Golden Rainbow Trout in Michigan??? I know that they are common out in mountainous rivers and what not. But I also know that they are a little popular in Michigan and am just wondering if they are getting spotted in the wild yet. The golden's I am talking about arent the aggressive strain from California that can hurt out lakes ecosystem There's another strain (I think its a Virginia strain) that is more closely matched to our rainbow and browns. -Gsmacker***

5. 32,293788,35566,41

No I have not caught a "golden trout" anywhere. I have caught "Palmino trout" in PA. It is a cross breed of something and something else, I can't remember what, and they are sorta gold colored. Kinda ugly really. They were very mushy too. Layoutshooter

7. 33,293994,35566,41

Back at the farm in michigan my dad raises Golden Rainbow Trout. They are a really cool looking version of rainbow (they have a the same pink stripe in them). Since they are in continous cold well water, 55F in the dead of summer, fed a very good food and the tanks and ponds are continous cirriculation I have never found them mushy. Then again I remember going to grandpa's for the weekend and we always brought rainbows home from his pond. They had that mushy, gamey, dogfood taste to them. The food he fed them was the cheap feed mill type. Then again I couldnt tell you the last time I had "wild trout" I love fishing and if I went trout fishing I would catch and release. Definately would use a barbless hook, makes it more of a challenge and too much stress would kill the poor little fish. LOL maybe I'll send ya some golden fillets some day Mr. Layout, but the bluegills I am a lil more stingy about. I know what I am havin for dinner, might as well since I am home. I can see the fish buildings from my front window.......now wheres that pole(more like net)

9. 34,294474,35566,41

ps since this was thread started about mushrooms, anyone got any morels they want to donate???

11. 35,294475,35566,41

No morels yet, I might look while at home next week. I seldom eat trout, I prefere 'gills, crappie WALLEYE or yellow perch. WITH morels of course
    Layoutshooter

13. 36,294491,35566,41
    I'm in the pond, standing on all your pennies

Here's one that will give you pause...
    Pharmaceuticals found in fish across U.S. - Health care- msnbc.com

Nice, huh.

The Doppler Effect means red lights will appear to be green if you drive fast enough.

15. 37,294505,35566,41

MMMM, maybe if I eat enough fish I can eliminate my perscriptions? Water polution sucks, it is a far bigger problem than so-called global warming is. Layoutshooter

17. 38,294507,35566,41

You know, Turtle, it has occurred to me that it is very good that you know so much about snakes, because don't snakes eat Turtles? For that fact, don't herons eat Turtles? If I were you, I'd be affraid to go home. I wouldn't leave the cab of my truck!

19. 39,294628,35566,41
    I'm in the pond, standing on all your pennies

Yeah, herons do eat turtles. And snakes. Birds are pretty ruthless when it comes to a meal. They don't care.

I don't know a lot about a lot of snakes, but I do know about the ones near home and what kind I'm likely to run into. We live out on 122 acres with a pond that's about an acre and lots of woods. Plus, I live very close to the Land Between the Lakes at Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley. So whether you're out walking the fences for the horses, fishing in the pond or on the lake, or just picnicking or hiking in the LBL, it pays to know what you're getting yourself into, be it snakes or polecats or bobcats or brown-nosed hornets (the worst). Plus, I was a Boy Scout and we had to learn all that stuff.

The Doppler Effect means red lights will appear to be green if you drive fast enough.

21. 40,294638,35566,41

I did get to have a meal of gills this weekend (we raise hybrid's along with trout) but no morels. Dont think they were gonna come up with the lil snow we got. Oh well there is always next weekend.

ps Turtle our fish get tested for all the bad stuff every year and I am glad to say that they are healthy for consumption

23. 41,295161,35566,41

My grandma always told me that the frogs had to freeze up 3 times before warm weather was here to stay in the spring. When I was home all the time, I would pay attention in the spring to when I first heard the frogs, and every year she proved correct. Until the frogs have frozen up 3 times and warm weather is finally "there to stay" in Michigan, I doubt you will find any mushrooms.
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission!
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do. That is character!" -Theodore Roosevelt
    ----
    ST Team with hubby
    Express-1
    Expediters since Oct 2007

My weblog - http://reidsfamily.com/

25. 42,295174,35566,41

Never heard that one, wish I was home to check it out. Layoutshooter

27. 43,295179,35566,41

and here I thought the only reason those frogs were a 'riviting" was for courting, down right H+++y after being frozen all winter.

Folklore like that is good to know, I will check it out come later on in the spring.

HaPpY Wheatland

www.wheatlandmusic.org

FedEx Custom Critical
    DR4417

29. 44,295235,35566,41
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123