ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Maxx Automotive Corporation

Re: Maxx Automotive Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by purgoose10 View Post
    First off it is NOT a stretch. GM has two w/base chassis. 139-159. The regular size van sits on a 139 and a 3500 extended sits on a 159 wb chassis.
    But that 's part of the confusion that the Meek Maxx brothers are perpetuating. GM vans come in either a 139"wb or the extended, which I own, is 155" wb. The cutaway chassis are either 139" SRW or 159" DRW as standard lengths. There is no way that Freedom Express can have a 14' cargo area if it is a chopped van. GM lists the cargo length for the extended van as 147.8", that measurement is from the seat base at the floor to the rear doors. That ain't 14 feet!

I believe the Brothers Meeks at Maxx are either lazy and don't proofread their ad copy, greatly confused, intentionally misleading or all of the above.

Does anybody know who actually makes the Freedom Express and or where some realistic specs could be found?

"I guess that is why I enjoy expediting. Kinda like standing in front of a giant roulette wheel." davekc

"I wonder why I'm not quoted at the bottom of Moot's posts?"
    Highway Star

"Shane runs 70 PSI all around." scottm4211

"Embrace the mundane." mrgoodtude

"I think, therefore I van". Mouton Descrouton

2. Owner-Operators Wanted - Hiring in Most States!
    Premium Transportation Logistics
    Explore the Premium opportunities available by leasing on to Premium Transportation Logistics LLC. We are a well established 10 year old Expedite and Truckload Carrier. PTL LLC offers our drivers above average pay, premium support services and premium freight. Our drivers appreciate fast settlements (no holdback week), our helpful dispatch team and that our doors are always open to drivers. Call one of our recruiters today at 1-800-661-3166 option 3 for additional detials. Feel free to make an appointment to visit us prior to signing on.

3. 16,571379,55994,8

Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    But that 's part of the confusion that the Meek Maxx brothers are perpetuating. GM vans come in either a 139"wb or the extended, which I own, is 155" wb. The cutaway chassis are either 139" SRW or 159" DRW as standard lengths. There is no way that Freedom Express can have a 14' cargo area if it is a chopped van. GM lists the cargo length for the extended van as 147.8", that measurement is from the seat base at the floor to the rear doors. That ain't 14 feet!

I believe the Brothers Meeks at Maxx are either lazy and don't proofread their ad copy, greatly confused, intentionally misleading or all of the above.

Does anybody know who actually makes the Freedom Express and or where some realistic specs could be found?
    They have 14' on the 159" because the body comes out behind the w/base. The back end is fiberglass. Hard to explain.

5. 17,571388,55994,8

call Alan @ Pallotta 800-589-2065 TerraMaxx unit with TurtleTop specs

7. 18,571390,55994,8

They have 14' on the 159" because the body comes out behind the w/base. The back end is fiberglass. Hard to explain.
    Okay, I think I follow you on this except for the wheelbase. The Freedom Express is a Chevy van with the body cut off at the mid point and the rear door frame removed and then a one piece fiberglass shell is installed that includes sidewalls and rear door stuff. The frame must also be lengthened but if it started its life out as a van, it has a 155" wheelbase. If it is built on a 159" cutaway chassis, then the whole box is probably fiberglass.

"I guess that is why I enjoy expediting. Kinda like standing in front of a giant roulette wheel." davekc

Highway Star

9. 19,571394,55994,8

Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Okay, I think I follow you on this except for the wheelbase. The Freedom Express is a Chevy van with the body cut off at the mid point and the rear door frame removed and then a one piece fiberglass shell is installed that includes sidewalls and rear door stuff. The frame must also be lengthened but if it started its life out as a van, it has a 155" wheelbase. If it is built on a 159" cutaway chassis, then the whole box is probably fiberglass.
    I think I see the confusion. Just went to their site. What they are describing is a 159" chassis but the pictures are of a 139". That's another of their problem, they can't put a good web site together. Another problem is a lot of tire kickers in this business as well as others and only two people selling.

I see some other confussion. The extended van has 155" WB whereas the cuttaway is 159".
    This web site with spec sheet will clear that up.
    http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ress_Specs.pdf
    Last edited by purgoose10; 10-16-2012 at 01:58 PM.

11. 20,571398,55994,8

I have a GMC extended on a 155" and am interested too, in the GM 159" cutaway with a cube back like this.

I remember looking at their site earlier in the summer and finding it confusing.

It's partly due to bad design, partly due to conflicting info and images. The pics don't always correspond to the vehicle being described, and even the descriptions seem to conflict with themselves. I'd be surprised if their products even look like the images, which seem to maybe have been borrowed?

The image at the top of Freedom Express 3500 159" WB (FedEx Home) show a vehicle with rear fenders and the images at the bottom with none. I don't think any of the images on that page are of 159" wb.

Their disclaimer at the bottom of that page could indicate that they've had problems from customers before. It's kind of unusual to see that sort of disclaimer promoted so boldly on a site. It would usually, I would think, be included in any contract one might sign and perhaps in small print on a promotional piece in house. Seeing it like that kind of sways me from dealing with them, to be honest.

I'll be interested to see what info develops from those talking directly to the various parties, and will share anything I find, too.
    Dry roads and open skies,

21c

------------------------

Whether you are on one side or the other in any given issue, spreading false or exaggerated info as truth just encourages others to repeat it and believe it, fostering a further and greater misunderstanding of what the real issues may be.

Only takes a few seconds to check your facts.

13. 21,571401,55994,8

I added to my previous post #20 to help clear some stuff up. Like I said their web site is not put together well at all. Hopefully their trucks are better than their web site.

15. 22,571402,55994,8

Quote Originally Posted by 21cExp View Post
    The image at the top of Freedom Express 3500 159" WB (FedEx Home) show a vehicle with rear fenders and the images at the bottom with none. I don't think any of the images on that page are of 159" wb.
    I agree. I do believe the van pictured at the bottom is 155" wb. I base this on the location of the fuel fill door in relation to the rear axle. But, there is more overhang behind the rear axle than what a stock 155" van would have. Also the exhaust has been reworked, both my 1998 and my current 2004 have the exhaust piped out the passenger side. Unless GM has made a change recently.

Quote Originally Posted by 21cExp View Post
    Their disclaimer at the bottom of that page could indicate that they've had problems from customers before. It's kind of unusual to see that sort of disclaimer promoted so boldly on a site. It would usually, I would think, be included in any contract one might sign and perhaps in small print on a promotional piece in house. Seeing it like that kind of sways me from dealing with them, to be honest.

I'll be interested to see what info develops from those talking directly to the various parties, and will share anything I find, too.
    A member sent me a p.m. mentioning 3 people that were not happy dealing with Maxx Automotive Group, citing broken promises, deposits not refunded and specifications not up to spec.
    Last edited by Moot; 10-16-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Highway Star

17. 23,571406,55994,8

No doubt that their website is a confusing mess. I did stop there and look at their UltraMax vans last year and found Tom Meeks to be courteous and professional. If your in the Nashville area, I would suggest a trip to meet them in person.

Purgoose, if it's not a stretch...please explain the 159" wb (139" wb conversion) statement clearly noted on their spec sheet. You would think that with the amount of money that has to be involved in putting something like this together, they would get their website accurate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

19. 24,571411,55994,8

Any dealings with Maxx Auto leads back to TurtleTop ... I suggest you make the call to TurtleTop and get the info yourself .... I actually visited the plant there in Indana and was given the tour. The units end up being to heavy for expediting, though the size is great.
    "If ObamaCare is a tax, as defined by the Supreme Court .. REPEAL it!"

Monty

Administrator of RoadGorilla forums - come visit.

21. 25,571413,55994,8

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    No doubt that their website is a confusing mess. I did stop there and look at their UltraMax vans last year and found Tom Meeks to be courteous and professional. If your in the Nashville area, I would suggest a trip to meet them in person.

Purgoose, if it's not a stretch...please explain the 159" wb (139" wb conversion) statement clearly noted on their spec sheet. You would think that with the amount of money that has to be involved in putting something like this together, they would get their website accurate?
    GM cuttaways are 139" and 159". Extended vans are 155". I used the word conversion because to me it is a conversion. Again, they have two 139" w/12' cargo and the 159" w/14' cargo.

23. 26,571419,55994,8

Quote Originally Posted by Notanewbie View Post
    Any dealings with Maxx Auto leads back to TurtleTop ... I suggest you make the call to TurtleTop and get the info yourself .... I actually visited the plant there in Indana and was given the tour. The units end up being to heavy for expediting, though the size is great.
    I don't know what weight you are looking for but an Ultra Maxx can be brought in just under 7,000pds. But that doesn't mean you can't haul more. All I am interested in is the occasional 3 pallet load close to 3K. We are in contact with Turtle Top as well as those who are hauling freight with them.
    Goes back to my original post that I would not do business with Maxx and know of people who have had problems with them and don't recommend them. But other people might not have problems with them, people have to make that call for themselves. Originally I posted that picture in response to people wanting something that compares with a Sprinter. That's as close as I've seen.

25. 27,571423,55994,8

I don't know what weight you are looking for but an Ultra Maxx can be brought in just under 7,000pds. But that doesn't mean you can't haul more. All I am interested in is the occasional 3 pallet load close to 3K. We are in contact with Turtle Top as well as those who are hauling freight with them.
    Goes back to my original post that I would not do business with Maxx and know of people who have had problems with them and don't recommend them. But other people might not have problems with them, people have to make that call for themselves. Originally I posted that picture in response to people wanting something that compares with a Sprinter. That's as close as I've seen.
    7000 lbs before personal goods that's pretty darn heavy.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums
    Last edited by xiggi; 10-16-2012 at 05:07 PM.

27. 28,571424,55994,8

Moot, just change you plug wires and keep rollin'.

29. 29,571425,55994,8

Hazmat's Ford terramax (same as the ultramax just on a Ford chasis) weighed in at 6775 lbs before he started working on it. Yeah, 7,000 lbs is heavy, but it still has 3,200 lbs of payload before hitting the 10,000 lb gvwr. Compared to a Sprinter with an 8,550 gvwr...Im betting the payload is close to the same. The personal stuff in either van would vary widely per individual but would effect each van the same per individual.

Purgoose...Im not referring to anything you said about the 139" conversion. Im referring to the exact words written on the spec sheet for the Freedom van on the Maxx website.

I dont think you can get that 159" wb cutaway chasis in a srw. It is a drw with a heavier gvwr that would have to be down rated just like the cargomax is. I have never heard of the 155" wb regular van until this thread. If chevy builds that in srw under 10k gvwr and with a 14' load floor...that is where all of these people missed the boat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

31. 30,571432,55994,8
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast