ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express

International Prostar Maxxforce 13

Anyone running these new Maxxforce motors?

How are you doing with the fuel economy?

How's the reliability?

Specing out a few semi trucks right now, I see a lot of companies going to the Internationals. I have always done well with Freightshakers, the Cascadia drives like a pick up truck! Wondering if anyone drives a newer International that can chime in?

Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by turritrans; 03-01-2012 at 07:27 PM.

2. Owner-Operators Wanted - Hiring in Most States!
    Premium Transportation Logistics
    Explore the Premium opportunities available by leasing on to Premium Transportation Logistics LLC. We are a well established 10 year old Expedite and Truckload Carrier. PTL LLC offers our drivers above average pay, premium support services and premium freight. Our drivers appreciate fast settlements (no holdback week), our helpful dispatch team and that our doors are always open to drivers. Call one of our recruiters today at 1-800-661-3166 option 3 for additional detials. Feel free to make an appointment to visit us prior to signing on.

3. 1,516381,52541,8
    Into the higher gears, though, you have to use the governor. Not out to the full governed rpm - I don't think I went over 1500 rpm except by mistake because the engine is so quiet. But you have to give these big-bore MaxxForce engines full pedal if you want the full power and performance. For me, it seemed a little odd to give so much throttle for small grades, but that is the programming dialed in to the foot feed. Again, it is part of the fuel economy strategy, but it will take driver training to avoid getting complaints of low power.

This was a paragraph of an article that was written as a review of this motors performance.

Giving full throttle to climb small hills? Does this thing sound like a dog, or just a normal characteristic of low RPM motors?

5. 2,517107,52541,8

Re: International Prostar Maxxforce 13

I've never had one, but I do know the wait times for getting my '02 International repaired are getting really long at the local dealer because there are so many new trucks back for hard-to-diagnose engine problems. I'm glad my truck is old.

7. 3,527306,52541,8

I'm responsible for maintaining and repairing a number of these engines; my recommendation would be to run, not walk away from them. We have had terrible issues with them including an ongoing fuel system problem which has been very difficult to diagnose. The dealer has been less than worthless with this issue even though it has been a problem since the truck was delivered. I honestly do not recommend these engines at this time.

9. 4,546550,52541,8

I'm not sure if it was a Maxxforce 13, but we were in a 2008 pro star (converted to a straight truck). We had several problems with the truck. Not really with the engine, but it meant down time several days at a time. The DPF got plugged up to the point several times that it had to be taken off and cleaned, it only wanted parked regen's two or three times.
    [img]http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/US/TX/Ennis.gif[/img]

Branch Manager
    Logistic Dynamics, INC.
    [url]http://www.logisticdynamics.com[/url]
    [url]http://dennisetheridgefreightrate.wordpress.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dennis-etheridge/53/110/a49[/url]

11. 5,546565,52541,8

I saw an article about International may be filing for bankruptcy protection because of the problems with EGR motors nit taking off like they hoped. It was either here or on the diesel garrage forum.
    Im staying withmy 03 non EGR as long as I can.
    WARNING

Democrat = Commie, Liberal, Left Winger
    Republican = Quasie Coservative, Right Winger

BOTH WINGS OF THE SAME BIRD OF PREY

13. 6,546577,52541,8

Expediter 2003-2013. Straight truck. The husband half of a husband/wife team.

15. 7,546620,52541,8

Yep, thats the one I read.
    WARNING

Democrat = Commie, Liberal, Left Winger
    Republican = Quasie Coservative, Right Winger

BOTH WINGS OF THE SAME BIRD OF PREY

17. 8,546630,52541,8

Quote Originally Posted by turritrans View Post
    Anyone running these new Maxxforce motors?

How are you doing with the fuel economy?

How's the reliability?

Specing out a few semi trucks right now, I see a lot of companies going to the Internationals. I have always done well with Freightshakers, the Cascadia drives like a pick up truck! Wondering if anyone drives a newer International that can chime in?

Thanks in Advance
    Have you considered a Freightliner Glider. A Glider would allow you to use whatever engine that you choose and you could stay away from EGR engines, DPF's, DEF, etc.

19. 9,546763,52541,8

Article from the Springfield News-Sun Navistar needs engine approval This paragraph caught my attention though.

"The technology Navistar is trying to used is based on a process EPA patented in 2004. Navistarís Schrier said the company pays licensing fees to the EPA for use of that process."

jimmy

21. 10,546797,52541,8