ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAT problems

Wink Re: CAT problems

Quote Originally Posted by KerriLynn View Post
    I have a 2009Freightliner with a cat C13 engine. Does anyone want to comment on the performance of this engine. Seems very sluggish. I also own a 2003 with a C9 in it. Almost a million miles on this one. My 2009 doesn't seem to have any more get up and go then the 2003. Also I am having trouble getting warranty work done. 158k on the 2009 and blown head gasket. After a week out of service, I am on the road again and the check engine light came on. I got to another dealership and they did not want to touch my truck because they said that they have trouble getting CAT to pay for warranty work. Any comments there?
    Kerrilynn, get the crankcase breather filter changed or do it youeself an easy do, also look into having your DPF filter cleaned, it can be done , cat in brmingham,al has the machine to do it others also but don't know which ones. The DPF ceramic filter can be cleaned and is around 800.00 for the tear down and cleaning,most dealers will tell you you need new DPF system, 3300.00 , cat cleans and resells the filters as remanufactured when you by the new system , if you are mechanicly inclinded you can do it your self and save a bundle. can give more info on this just pm me. good luck-learn as much about your system as you can before you are in crisis mode or you'll be paying thru the nose for something that can be done at a third of the cost.
    Dave
    Panther
    st truck
    H/W Team
    OOIDA Life Member

2. Dedicated Team Runs! Sign On Bonus
    Nations Express
    Nations Express has dedicated team runs! You can have a dedicated run in these lanes: Chicago to Miami Houston to Miami JFK Airport to Miami Routes pay to $1.70 a mile. Nations Express offers: Weekly Settlements Direct Deposit Com Data Fuel Card 24 Hour Dispatch Assistance Satellite Communications 2012 and 2013 Model Trailers Requirements: 21 Years of Age HAZ MAT Endorsement Acceptable MVR

3. 16,455173,43285,8

5. 17,455175,43285,8

Re: CAT problems

The FL dealer in OKC, OK off I-40 has a poster ad for a replacement DPF filter element for $699 boasting 1.5 hrs labor instead of down 24 hrs and many more dollars labor. Not sure if for Cat or not.

7. 18,455204,43285,8

Re: CAT problems

A good friend of mine had 75 Petes with C-15 cat engines. Cat gave them nothing but grief on warranty work. He got so mad he sold the 75 trucks and bought Cummins ISX engines. Never been happier.
    Now if you have one do not take it to a truck dealer for engine work. Take it only to CAT.

9. 19,455223,43285,8
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by purgoose10 View Post
    A good friend of mine had 75 Petes with C-15 cat engines. Cat gave them nothing but grief on warranty work. He got so mad he sold the 75 trucks and bought Cummins ISX engines. Never been happier.
    Now if you have one do not take it to a truck dealer for engine work. Take it only to CAT.
    I've never gone wrong with the ISX. It's a real workhorse.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

11. 20,455233,43285,8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12