ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express

Thread: mack fan clutch

mack fan clutch

I drive and work on dump trucks mostly macks ive been having a problem with the fan clutches going bad . there air operated fans . ive tried changing the soleniod valves and everything but they just keep wearring out. About once a year i have to replace one. The cost to change the clutch is almost a thousand dollars and mack wont warranty this because were sitting on construction sites with the air running so the clutch just keeps kicking on and off . wearing itself out prematurely does any one have any sugestions for me. thanks

2. Be Home Every Weekend!!!
    Nations Express
    Nations Express has immediate opening for Owner Operators in our Truck Load Service. When you become a partner in the Nations Express Truck Load Service Division you will be home every weekend. Driver for a company that understands you have people and events waiting for you at home. Nations Express Truck Load Offers: $1.10 Per mile loaded plus FSC $0.85 Per mile empty plus FSC Weekly Settlements/Direct Deposit Free 2012 and 2013 model dry van trailers Haz Mat Pay Extra Stop Off Pay Detention Pay Com Data Fuel Card Satellite Communications 24 Dispatch No Truck Age Limit Rider Program No Pet Restrictions Mileage Bonus Requirements 21 YRS of Age 1 YR Over the Road Experience Acceptable Driving Record HAZ MAT Endorsement

3. 1,360351,41151,8

Re: mack fan clutch

I am assuming you have checked to ensure you don't have a air leak to the fan. That will cause premature failure if it exists.
    If that is ok, possible change to a different manufacturer of fan clutches, and go that route. That might get you at least a year warranty on the part itself.

The last option is to convert it to an electrical one. That might require a little parts shopping to match everything up.
    Last edited by davekc; 04-01-2010 at 04:32 PM.
    fleet owner
    29 years
    Panther & Load One

5. 2,360397,41151,8