ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express

Thread: mack fan clutch

mack fan clutch

I drive and work on dump trucks mostly macks ive been having a problem with the fan clutches going bad . there air operated fans . ive tried changing the soleniod valves and everything but they just keep wearring out. About once a year i have to replace one. The cost to change the clutch is almost a thousand dollars and mack wont warranty this because were sitting on construction sites with the air running so the clutch just keeps kicking on and off . wearing itself out prematurely does any one have any sugestions for me. thanks

2. YOU decide your loads, your schedule, your home time with Landstar
    Landstar Express America
    As a "Business Capacity Owner" or BCO with Landstar, you control your business the way YOU want. You select the freight. You set your schedule. You decide on home time. At Landstar, owner/operators are compensated based on a fixed percentage of the revenue generated from the freight they haul. As rates increase, so does your compensation. Landstar is hiring Owner/Operators... Apply now!

3. 1,360351,41151,8

Re: mack fan clutch

I am assuming you have checked to ensure you don't have a air leak to the fan. That will cause premature failure if it exists.
    If that is ok, possible change to a different manufacturer of fan clutches, and go that route. That might get you at least a year warranty on the part itself.

The last option is to convert it to an electrical one. That might require a little parts shopping to match everything up.
    Last edited by davekc; 04-01-2010 at 03:32 PM.
    fleet owner
    29 years
    Panther & Load One

5. 2,360397,41151,8