ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express

Thread: mack fan clutch

mack fan clutch

I drive and work on dump trucks mostly macks ive been having a problem with the fan clutches going bad . there air operated fans . ive tried changing the soleniod valves and everything but they just keep wearring out. About once a year i have to replace one. The cost to change the clutch is almost a thousand dollars and mack wont warranty this because were sitting on construction sites with the air running so the clutch just keeps kicking on and off . wearing itself out prematurely does any one have any sugestions for me. thanks

2. Tractor Owner-Operator$ Needed
    Premium Transportation Logistics
    Tractor Teams and Solos needed! Owner Operator: Dry Van Expedite AND OTR Tractors needed! * Expedite and Truckload programs available * Steady miles and ABOVE average pay * Team bonus pay * Company provided trailers * 1 Day Orientation * Base plate & fuel card programs Call to talk to a recruiter today! 800-661-3166 - ext. 207

3. 1,360351,41151,8

Re: mack fan clutch

I am assuming you have checked to ensure you don't have a air leak to the fan. That will cause premature failure if it exists.
    If that is ok, possible change to a different manufacturer of fan clutches, and go that route. That might get you at least a year warranty on the part itself.

The last option is to convert it to an electrical one. That might require a little parts shopping to match everything up.
    Last edited by davekc; 04-01-2010 at 03:32 PM.
    fleet owner
    29 years
    Panther & Load One

5. 2,360397,41151,8